Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster ID in JMS adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

What is the Cluster ID in JMS adapter? I chose QoS = EOIO. It is asking me

Queue ID and Cluster ID.

I know Queue ID can be the Queue Name within 16 limit. But what is Cluster ID and what value I need to fill in it??

Thanks

Farooq.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cluster ID is the J2EE Instance ID. To find out the cluster ID, you can either, login to the visual administrator and check the node ID which is visible on the left side under the server-nodes. The other option is to load the default J2EE admin page. which will appear when you enter the following in the browser: http://<j2ee_host>:<j2ee_port>/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo

under "server0" you should be able to see the clusterID. specify that ID.

In case of High Availablity there might be two instances of the J2EE engine running. This needs to be handled differently. Refer to the OSS message 951910

Cheers,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Could you please guide me how to look Customer ID in Visual Admin. I am trying to look but I am not getting.

Thanks

Farooq.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't need to fill it in:

"If you do not enter the cluster ID, the EOIO channel is activated automatically on a different working node. This configuration ensures node failover by the adapter in a clustered environment."

but you need to read this:

"This specification stops queue-jumping in the JMS queue. The valid cluster ID is located on the J2EE server – Administrator under Server."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/2d6189f0e27a4894ad517961762db7/content.htm

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am clicking on Server Node I am gettting below info :

Name :

Type :

Kernal Version :

ID : // Is this a Cluster ID that I need to put in JMS adapter??

Hostname :

Debuggable :

Debug Mode :

Former Member
0 Kudos

ID is the Cluster Id, I used it in JMS adpater and I am getting data from Queue:-)

Problem Solved..Points Rewarded..

Thanks,

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> ID is the Cluster Id, I used it in JMS adpater and I

> am getting data from Queue:-)

>

> Problem Solved..Points Rewarded..

>

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your help. Now I am able know how to use JMS adapert as a Sender/Receiver.

Regards,

Farooq.