cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped CPIC and Note 387598

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've just upgraded to ECC 6.0 and have seen one occurance of all our dialog and updates being held up in a "Stopped CPIC" status. I've read note 387598 but am unsure how to check if the number of APPC blocks was really the cause.

Does anyone know where to look to see if the Stopped CPIC problem was really caused by a lack of APPC blocks?

thanx

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

You are not the only one...

Make sure your kernel is updated. (kernel between 143 and 154 had issues related to it, according to an OSS message I opened a while back)

Please consider Note 384971, with more info in Note 3223.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information, Victor. We've not had a chance to update our kernel yet but it's on the "soon to do" list.

Did the kernel update fix your problem?

thanx

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes. The combintation of kernel upgrade and parameter changes eventually fixed the issue.

Good luck,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found how to see it in real time. It's in SM51 - Goto > Server Name > Information > APPC-CA blocks.

Would still like a history of it - if that's possible.

thanx

Mark

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check an affected dev_w* trace? There should be some information about the issue.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked over the work process trace files but nothing stood our during the 5 - 10 minute time the system was stuck in this state. I thought the dev_rd (gateway) trace might have some errors but it didn't have anything for that time at all. I also scanned thru the dev_rfc traces to no avail.

thanx

Mark