cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many errors after application of SP12

Former Member
0 Kudos

After updating to SP 12 (and all other highest SPs) I have various issues with SolMan, either because I just didn't read all the 843 notes I got through the "side effect" application in the OSS or for other reasons. Maybe someone here can throw a light on them.

1. After logging in I get a green message in the status line saying

Use the most recent SAPGUI version

Message no. 00110

I'm using SAPGUI 6.40 with patchlevel 25 - and I can't use 7.10 for other reasons. This is confusing me and our users, how to get rid off that?

2. SelfDiagnostic

In the Solution Overview I click on "Self Diagnosis", I get a window showing a grid but it's empty, all tabs are empty. Selecting "Setting - Self Diagnosis" everything there is activated.

I already found some notes

1073382 New Self-diagnosis in Solution Manager: a quick guide

1071456 'Self Diagnosis' Button disappears in DSWP

but none of them helped.

3. Syntax errors

I get syntax errors in RDSVASAHW_CAPACITY* :

The following syntax error occurred in program "RDSVASAHW_CAPACITY_________013
 " in include "RDSVASAHW_CAPACITY_________013 " in
line 5730:
"The field "ET_OSCOLLINFO000099" is unknown, but there is a field with "
"the similar name "ET_OSCOLLINFO000098". "ET_OSCOLLINFO000098"."

This is some batch triggered program (apparently) but I haven't found a solution for that nor do I have an idea, what this job does.

4. More dumps

I also get a dump "GETWA_NOT_ASSINED" in SAPLDSWP_SSA_UTILITIES:

Termination occurred in the ABAP program "SAPLDSWP_SSA_UTILITIES" - in
 "DSWP_SSA_GET_EWA_OVERVIEW".
The main program was "RDSWP_SELF_DIAGNOSIS ".

Has that something to do with Point 1?

5. CRM_DNO_MONITOR - Priorities

I see in that transaction the priorities listed as (e. g.)

"High"

and

"2: High"

, sorting/filtering on those does not work any more correctly. This was not the case with SP11.

6. "SLD is inactive" when trying to get data from SLD

This was working with SP11 nicely, I can logon to SLD with the provided passwords, I tried all sorts of configuration in the "extended" tab, deleting all entries but "sld/active", use different users, shut down and restarted SLD, restarted SolMan but I don't get rid of that error.

7. "SAPDB/MaxDB" as database in EWA reports

We use SAPDB/MaxDB on all our systems, the EWA reports state:

"Release data of the SAP DB related download cannot be found.
Some database checks may not be performed correctly."

and we get no data. We use on those system the newest ST/A-PI plugin (*J) and executed RTCCTOOL (which is green). Why is SAPDB not detected? However, this is not a problem of SP12 because it didn't work before, in fact, it did never work.

8. Service processing of "SAP EarlyWatch Alert for Solutions"

Executing that in the background gives me dump with "MESSAGE_TYPE_X":

Short text of error message:
EA1000000001144: Attribute not found: POP GENERAL Paging Heading

Long text of error message:
 Diagnosis
     The attribute was not found. The check definition contains an
     error.

We had a likewise error before, I opened an OSS call and someone fixed it "somehow" but I have no idea what has been done.

What am I missing here?

This SolMan 4.0 was upgraded from 3.2, maybe that's a cause of errors.

--

Markus

Message was edited by:

Markus Döhr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I came across two items from your list:

Note 1071967 is about SelfDiagnostic and DSWP_SSA_GET_EWA_OVERVIEW dump.

Note 964598 is about the priorities in CRM_DNO_MONITOR.

Kind regards, Rainer Umbach.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

thank you for those hints. They may fix the actual problem but not the problem generally:

964598:

I already did that the last time (application of SP11) and if those priorities produce inconsistencies, why does SAP not provide a FIX for the support package (the ROOTCAUSE) and not a NOTE to workaround the problem by deleting entries in tables via program?

1071967:

I searched for that note yesterday already - and did only find it using "english" as my search language. Since I'm a German customer and I prefer searching in German - and my default language is German, the note was not found, thus listed here in those issues. Today it's available in German too - but not yet translated (although the english text didn't change).

I just created seven (7) OSS calls - and will create more tomorrow, it took the whole afternoon of preparing and attaching screenshots, creating users, opening service connections and writing text to the first level support, so that I don't get suggestions as "please reboot your machine and try again".

How do YOU deal with those kind of issues? You just accept, that you have to apply note-after-note, creating OSS calls and reporting bugs?

Thank you for your time.

--

Markus

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any of you advise on the following. When I am in transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER and click on the 'self-diagnosis', I get the following alert:

'SDCCN cannot be checked in all satellite systems'

I have a RFC connection to the satellite listed under the colun 'trusted'.

Do you know if I need to do anything more for that RFC connection?

Thanks for your help.

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Wondering if you have a reply or resolution to the question (1),

regarding to the SAP message "Use the most recent SAPGUI version".

We experienced the same problem in our ECC6 system after applying kernel 7.00 patch 117.

Regards

Kien Ho

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kien,

yes - I got a reply.

The first reply was "Use SAPGUI 7.10" - I sent the message back with a comment, that it´s not possible to install that version on 1000+ PCs. The I got a phone call from someone who did very well understand that issue. He told me, that he contacted the developer and this check will be taken out again with patchlevel 120 (in about two weeks).

--

Markus

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 8. Service processing of "SAP EarlyWatch Alert for

> Solutions"

> Executing that in the background gives me dump with

> "MESSAGE_TYPE_X":

>

>

Short text of error message:
> EA1000000001144: Attribute not found: POP GENERAL
> Paging Heading

Background Job SM:EXEC SERVICES dumps with MESSAGE_TYPE_X:

Attribute not found: GENERAL Paging Heading

Solved with SAP Note <a href="http://www.service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1074603">1074603</a>.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rüdiger,

Thank you for the information! I appreciate your efforts as that late time

I downloaded the new note via SNOTE and I get some dependency notes

displayed:

1067828 Fragebögen werden nur im Anzeigemodus geöffnet

1057060 Performanzprobleme beim Ausführen von Sitzungen

1074603 MESSAGE_TYPE_X Dump in Get-Macros for Attribute Aliases

1067828 Fragebögen werden nur im Anzeigemodus geöffnet

(yes, one note is mentioned twice).

Before I just blindly apply them one need to look in all those (sigh)

to find out, if one needs to do some manual corrections beside applying

the code corrections.

In note 1057060 there´s a UNDERLINED sentence, that note 1071394 has to be

applied immediately after that but that note (1071394) is not in the

dependency list. So how to proceed now? Built in that queue and after

that 1071394 or apply them one by one interrupting and applying 1071394

before? I just don´t want to deal with conflicting corrections later...

sigh

(I´M sigh´ing a lot lately...)

--

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I openend OSS calls (7 of them) - and the result is, that we´re told to "hire a consultant" because we used the "wizard" in SPRO to configure the system after the upgrade from 3.2. All our settings have been overwritten and thus some functionality is no more there. We did that, because there was not "delta" documentation available, even after asking for it, and because we were told to use those wizards/BC-Sets by support people.

I can just say "Thank you" for that - and one reason more to completely AVOID using any BC-Sets, configuration wizards and "automatic implementations" offered in the customizing, at best, avoid usage of SolMan completely, that´s at least the lesson we´ve learned.

I´m really sorry for this kind of criticism, people tried (and are still trying) to help and assist, what I really appreciate, but this is just too much. We didn´t choose to switch from SLF1 to SLFN (or vice versa) between 3.2 and 4.0 nor did we new knew of any implications of doing so, we were following standard guidelines implementing 4.0 as well as we did with 3.2. If some functionalities are now a consultancy topic, then, well..we can choose that - or invest in a different product, it can´t become worse.

sigh

--

Markus

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have a solution for problems 3 and 4.

3. SYNTAX_ERROR

Please follow the instructions in <a href="http://www.service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/727998">SAP Note 727998</a>.

For your information: SAP is working a general solution to get rid of this problem.

It occurs, when a new ST-SER is applied and SDCCN has not retrieved the latest service definitions from SAPNet R/3 Frontend (SAPOSS) and generated the related includes.

4. Dump Self-Diagnosis

Please apply via Notes Assistant <a href="http://www.service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1071967">SAP Note 1071967</a>.

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 3. SYNTAX_ERROR

> Please follow the instructions in

> <a href="http://www.service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/7279

> 98">SAP Note 727998</a>.

> For your information: SAP is working a general

> solution to get rid of this problem.

> It occurs, when a new ST-SER is applied and SDCCN has

> not retrieved the latest service definitions from

> SAPNet R/3 Frontend (SAPOSS) and generated the

> related includes.

So does that mean, I need to do this in ALL affected systems, that are connected and where ST-A/PI is installed?

>

> 4. Dump Self-Diagnosis

> Please apply via Notes Assistant

> <a href="http://www.service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1071

> 967">SAP Note 1071967</a>.

Thank you for that hint. That note is 6 days old - so very new, I wonder, why it wasn't found when I searched for that program name...

--

Markus

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

3. SYNTAX_ERROR

Perform the steps in your SAP Solution Manager system, this will solve the dump in the SM:EXEC SERVICES background job.

Depending on your configuration,

A) the satellite systems will retrieve the service definitions from the Solution Manager system (check in satellite system, tx SDCCN, Task Specific settings, RFC destinations, the "back" destination is marked as MASTER). This will be done through the task "Maintenance Package".

(This is the recommended configuration.)

B) the satellite systems will retrieve the service definitions from SAPOSS

Log Funcs are not required on satellite systems. Up-to-date Service Definitions are recommended, as they determine the scope of collected data.

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

P.S.: The mentioned path are not exact, as I am already at home w/o a connection to a system.)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rüdiger,

I appreciate your help.

I did the following:

- I executed BDL_DELETE_ALL_TABLES

- I started SDCCN and executed the "Maintenance Package"

according to the log everything ran fine

- I executed "BDL/_GENERATE_LOGFUNCINCLUDES", the output I get is like

Test für Funktionsgruppe /BDL/BDL4

Funktionsbaustein /BDL/_GENERATE_LOGFUNCINCLUDES

Klein-Groß-Schreibung

Laufzeit: 164.118 Mikrosekunden

so it was VERY fast. The note says, it should take quite some time.

- I used SM37 to re-schedule SM:EXEC - and it dumped again (same error)

What am I missing?

--

Markus

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I expect, that the service definitions on your SAP Solution Manager system are not completely available.

Please try the following:

- logon to your SolMan system

- run SDCCN

- create task "Refresh service definitions"

- execute the created task immediately

- check the log file

- execute again via SE37 and Single Test: /BDL/_GENERATE_LOGFUNCINCLUDES

Assign the value 'ALL' to the import parameter 'OPTION' (keep the default values for all other parameters) and execute the module.

- reschedule SM:EXEC SERVICES

If these steps are not successful, I would recommend to a open a customer message on SV-SMG-SDD.

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

Runtime SE37 in our test system: 394.874.748 Microseconds

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rüdiger,

thank you for the hint about the "refresh" task, the runtime of the generation was now > 100.000.000 microseconds.

After rescheduling SM:EXEC I get a new/old dump:

MESSAGE_TYPE_X

Kurztext der Fehlermeldung:

EA1000000001144: Attribut nicht gefunden: POP GENERAL Paging Heading

Langtext der Fehlermeldung:

Diagnose

Das angegebene Attribut wurde nicht gefunden. Es handelt sich um

einen Fehler in der Checkdefinition

Systemaktivitäten

Die Verarbeitung wird abgebrochen

This is basically the same error as the other one (point 8). The error was reported (OSS 451086/2007) but the processor did just "reset the session". Since I don´t want to loose everything (again), that way can´t be gone.

I really do appreciate SAPs efforts but I think I will tomorrow write a mail to our management, that we won´t send those EWAs any more but rather go with out standard excel sheets we had before SolMan decade.

In my opinion it can´t be, that after each SP we need to invest dozens of hours of our working time, prepare OSS calls and apply another ten notes to get back to a working system. Of course, I´m aware, that there will be issues after updates and there will be some post-processing - but not like this. I have

points on my list (we use EWA and Support Desk) - things, that don´t work as expected and/or as before SP12, I just wrote here 8 of them.

Does SAP has a QA?

If so, why don´t those errors arise and get fixed BEFORE the package is released? Is the strategy here "Let´s release, upcoming errors ca be fixed via notes"? Since monday, 9th there have been released/changed > 150 notes for Solution Manger. I apologize for that disapproval...

Sorry, don´t want to blame you, you´re trying to help - but this ends all in nothing but frustration trying for > 6 months to get a system working, that is proven to bring some "benefit", I still don´t see it, I´ve not seen that with 3.2 and I see it even less with 4.0 - because the alleged benefit is eaten up several times by the effort you need to invest.

I´m sure that I scared you (and all the others that wanted/want to help) - but I really can´t understand the strategy behind all this and how someone can dare telling, that such a system - also set up with an expert consultant from SAP Walldorf - will bring some "benefit" if each SP that is proved to fix errors, will bring up even more of them...

sigh

--

Markus

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am sorry, that you some problems with SAP Solution Manager.

Be aware, that this stack was tested carefully, although the still some issues.

I have forwarded this thread to the responsible Q-team.

I have checked the OSS message regarding the MESSAGE_TYPE_X. By resetting the session, you did not loose data, because the session could be reprocessed again.

I my opion, this individual solution worked fine, but it did not solve the root cause.

Please open new message on SV-SMG-SER.

- Attach the complete dump as a .txt file.

- insert the software configuration (System -> Status -> Component version, columns Software Component, Release, Level)

Please don't give up. I really trust in SAP Solution Manager.

The upcoming E2E Diagnostics (root cause analysis for ABAP and non-ABAP) looks great.

Thanks and best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rüdiger.

Be aware, that this stack was tested carefully,

although the still some issues.

Carefully? I really can't believe so. Maybe in SAP Labour environments or using something like eCATT, otherwise we wouldn't face 20+ problems (including dumps).

I have forwarded this thread to the responsible

Q-team.

Thank you very much. But I doubt, that this will change anything. I have tried too many ways already (SAPs Complaint Management, DSAG, other events where some "important persons" have been there).

I have checked the OSS message regarding the

MESSAGE_TYPE_X. By resetting the session, you did not

loose data, because the session could be reprocessed

again.

I my opion, this individual solution worked fine, but

it did not solve the root cause.

I was called by the processor asking me, if we want to "keep" that data or if it would be bad, if it would be lost.

Please open new message on SV-SMG-SER.

- Attach the complete dump as a .txt file.

- insert the software configuration (System -> Status

-> Component version, columns Software Component,

Release, Level)

sigh

I work in a certified competence center and we

NOT create more than a certain amount of OSS calls each year.

I can now think about "wasting" one for SolMan or not doing so and use that one for the upcoming upgrade to ERP 2005. It's not that I can "just create OSS calls" as I want, there are rules made by SAP, we would eventually loose our certification if we create too many of them.

Please don't give up. I really trust in SAP Solution

Manager.

I already gave up after facing all those issues when I was promised, that "many things are fixed". There are still too many MAJOR issues:

- SMSY UI: it's COMPLETELY non-intuitive, indeterministic and confusing working with that transaction (422450/2007).

- we had to do the upgrade from 3.2 to 4.0 including test system 6 (SIX) times before it went through without stopping at some place leaving an inconsistent DB (e. g. 53985/2006, 198971/2007, 411362/2006)

- ST/A-PI plugins almost broke us the neck during Unicode conversion (314717/2006), we won't apply them any more neither to existent nor to new systems because on any system change they will produce warnings where you never know, if they are serious or not

- Business Partner synchronization - There's actually NO WAY of automatically

--> adding the SAME USER from different systems without duplicating it

--> configuring the BP so that he can create a feedback message.

You use controls in transaction BP so one can't even use a batch input and thus need to hire someone to write BAPIs. The synchronization must be done manually though between different systems. This finally make us look for alternative products (Remedy, BC, HPOV etc.) since your "high gloss" powerpoints tell something very different.

- Adding "Webdynpro for ABAP" (e. g. in self diagnosis) - This leads to additional non-documentend configuration on the client side (Internet Explorer (trust-)zone, proxy configurations, firewall rules on Laptops, firewalls from external access) etc. I was just waiting for the SolMan development jump on the Web 2.0 bandwagon-hype...

I won't even start listing some of SMD issues, that were NOT cause of a misconfiguration but just due to misconception and software errors.

The upcoming E2E Diagnostics (root cause analysis for

ABAP and non-ABAP) looks great.

Sorry - we don't need yet-another-tool but we need the CURRENT system fixed. Those "tools" will run nice in SAPs development/labor environments for sure, I don't doubt so, but PLEASE fix the current ones before starting to develop new ones - and don't let the poor people in "Installed Base Maintenance" write another 100 notes in three days.

Regards,

--

Markus

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I can understand most of your complaints.

In my first answers above, I tried to help you efficiently w/o a customer message.

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rüdiger,

yes - and I do really really appreciate that "short way" - believe me.

We just found another error - since SP12 the fields "ResponseDate" and "-Time" and "CompletionDate" and "-Time" are empty so all new messages don't have any dates in transaction CRM_DNO_MONITOR and thus can't be aggregated.

deepsigh

--

Markus