cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart synch error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an application that uses Smart synchronization.

The application uses 4 syncBOs, one is S01 (2way) type, the other three are D01 (download). The syncBOs are generated and enabled. Also the function modules at the backend are tested, collects data. However when I synch from the client, no data is downloaded. In merep_mon, I don't even see the syncBO names.

I have other example applications for which data is downloaded all the times I sync from the client. And of course they are present in merep_mon.

Did I forget something? Does the application at the client somehow registers the BOs which are downloaded?

Thanks for your help,

Pal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pal,

The D01 type is obsolete. Please use T01 type instead. If you want download only functionality, provide only Getlist & Getdetail Bapi wrappers.

Regards

Ajith Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the reason. There was no meRepMeta.xml included in the client side.

Also I would have another question. As I have got four syncBOs, may I include them in the same meRepMeta.xml file?

Thanks in advance,

Pal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, its possible. You have to include all the BOs in the MCD which is created to make the meRepMeta.xml file.

Thanks for the answers.

Pal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pal,

I am not sure your 'reason' is correct one.

Let me explain...

After all the syncBOs have been created, the next step is to create mcd in the transaction mi_mcd. This is where all the syncBOs which will be part of the application are selected. After the mcd is created, in merep_sbuilder the metarep.xml is generated for the mcd. This xml file will contain all the syncBOs that were selected earlier.

The xml file is then imported in the NWDS to generate the application.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

thanks for your reply. Perhaps I was too short, but this was exactly how I proceeded with the application. I generated the syncbo, than MCD, then meRepMeta.xml, then I generated a client side application with the xml file, was able to see the downloaded data, and now I am developing client side logic with smart sync api.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

Regards,

Pal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pal,

D01 syncBo type is deprecated and no longer supported. Try using some other syncBO type.

For S01, execute GetList in the backend and check whether it is returning any data.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have checked the function module already, it returns data as I expect. Do you have any other idea?

Regards,

Pal

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pal,

try transaction st22 on the middleware to see if there are any exceptions thrown.

Cheers,

Larissa