Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message in SmartForm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to test a SmartForm and I get the following error:

Exception FORMATTING_ERROR

Message ID: SSFCOMPOSER Message number: 601

Reference field WA_ITEM_DATA-BMNG2 unknown in form.

I am testing using the test environment (not a print program). I am using wa_item_data-bmng2 in the form inside a table. I added the field by dragging it from the field list so I know that there are not any typos. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

Regards,

Davis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem might be WA_ITEM_DATA-BMNG2 ?

Check the corresponding table of WA_ITEM_DATA,here BMNG2 will be quantity field or Currency field.

when you use this field in smartform ,it will check internally reference table,please maintain reference field in data dictionary.

I guess you created one structure in SE11,this structure has BMNG2 field,if so goto SE11 -> give ur structure -> click on change mode -> check the currency/quantity field tab,here you need to mention reference table,reference field.

if you need any example on this,just look at VBAP Table,it will have reference tables,fields for corresponing currency/quantity field.

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshu, thanks for the reply.

I do have a reference table and reference field specified. It would not allow me to create the structure without them specified. I am using, as the reference, VBEP-VRKME. I will look at VBAP and use a reference from that table to see if it helps.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created new structure for smartform,this structure has qty field

see the structure :

Strcure name : ZSDINVTAB

Quantity field O_QTY data type quan length 13 dec place 3 ,in currency/quantity fields tab -> here i mentioned simply

ref table ZSDINVTAB ,ref field <b>O_UOM</b>

you can mention like ref table ( <b>Give your structure</b>),ref field <b>O_UOM</b>,see the results.

I hope you will not get any issue

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshu, thanks for that reply.

I was just pulled into another project but I will give that a try shortly. I did try referencing VBAP and that gave me the same error so I hope this last suggestion will work.

Thanks again,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshu,

I tried the solution you presented but either it does not work or I am not understanding it correctly. I have the structure <b>ZEDI_ITEM_DATA</b> with the field BMNG2 with the component type BMENG. I then tried to use ZEDI_ITEM_DATA-BMNG2 as the reference table/field. Is that what you are suggesting? It is not working out when I try that.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Davis,

Use ref table as <b>ZEDI_ITEM_DATA </b> ref field <b>O_UOM</b>

do not use ref field BMENG.

if it is not working then use below following way :

Use like this :

Ref table <b>S260</b> Ref field <b>VRKME</b>

it happens only curr/quan fields.

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshu, I tried everything that you posted and it won't work. When I try using O_UOM I get an error telling me that O_OUM does not exist. When I try using S260-VRKME it gives me the runtime error. Could this be caused by using the test environment instead of using a print program?

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Davis,

My system is 4.6C ,i am able to see O_UOM field,probably yours would be New version and it might not be available.

Check the below Link and it help you..

always i use sap standard fields while creating structure,suppose when you see vbap table ,it has quantity field like ZMENG ,i used to put same field name ,data element,then i used ref table ,ref field.

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshu, I am on ECC 5.0 so that may the reason I can't see O_UOM. Thanks for the link to the other thread; I need to learn how to use the search feature a bit better. I will read through that thread and I hope it helps me out.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshu, thanks again for that link. That worked like a charm!

Regards,

Davis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

This occurs with any field that is of type Quan or Curr. (any referenced field).

Regards,

Davis