cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MLR.EXE on Windows 2003 64 BIT using WOW64

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed a SAP SCM 5.0 system on Windows 2003 64 BIT/MS SQL 2000.

The SCM consultant needs the MLR.EXE exe installed on the OS for the RFC connection 'CALL_MLR', I have followed OSS Note 301569, copied the exe to the OS in the /usr/sap/<SID> directory, but when I run the exe i get the error :

<b>'The application has failed to start because LIBRFC32.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this'</b>

The note mentions you have to run WOW64 environment for 32 bit applications on 64 BIT OS, we are on Windows 2003 64 BIT SP1, so we should have WOW64 environment, the documentation I have read on WOW64 says it should run seamlessly as WOW64 hands the program as the address space in the program shows its a 32 BIT application.

LIBRFC32.DLL is in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder, this is in the path on the server, so it should be found.

I've ran the MLR.EXE on my 32 BIT Windows XP desktop to check its not a corrupted version, and it works ok, so its definitely a compatibility problem with Windows 2003 64 BIT.

Has anyone setup MLR.EXE in a scenario like this, or has run 32 BIT Applications on Windows 2003 64 BIT using WOW64?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I downloaded the latest 32bit-version of librfc32.dll for Kernel 700 32

bit and copied it into %windir%\syswow64, MLR.EXE now works, so it looks like the version I had in %windir%\syswow64 was not compatible, i checked and the old version is 640 rather than the 700 version that I downloaded.

Thanks for your help.

Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To further test the MLR.EXE problem, I copied it to our only other SAP 64 Bit environment, which is ECC 5 running on NW04, <b>Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 edition Service pack 1</b>, using XEON processors, MLR.EXE ran successfully on this system.

Looking at our Windows version on the SCM NW04s server, we are running <b>Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 edition Service pack 1,</b> so this is a new version of the OS being at R2.

So it looks like the MLR.EXE program is compatible with NW04 on 2003 X64, but has a problem with NW04s on 2003 R2 X64.

I have tried copying the LIBRFC32.DLL from the NW04 ECC system directory WINDOWS\system32\ and placing it in the local directory of MLR on the NW04s server, but it still gives the same error not finding LIBRFC32.DLL.

Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the mlr.exe needs the correct version of 32bit librfc32.dll. 32bit program cannot call a 64bit dll file. So you'll probably need to find that particular librfc32 file. It's probably a non-unicode 32bit file too. I believe you can find one at SWDC in service marketplace. Just do a search in all categories for librfc32.dll. Heres a note about librfc32.

Note 336693 - Replacing the librfc32.dll on a Win 32 Platform

Wondering why the librfc32.dll from your ECC didn't work in the other system. Maybe there's another copy of librfc32.dll in your directory path that mlr.exe found and not the one in your \windows\system32 directory.

I guess I would try and find out how many librfc32.dll and if not, try downloading those from SWDC and test those out.

Good luck.

regards,

Laurence...

disclaimer:

The content of this message is my personal opinion only and, the statements I make here in no way represent my employer's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak on behalf of my employer on this matter.

Not sure if your

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried out mlr.exe in one of my lab machine. Looks like the version of librfc32.dll that worked for me is version 7000.0.107.5408. Hope that helps.

regards,

Laurence...

disclaimer:

The content of this message is my personal opinion only and, the statements I make here in no way represent my employer's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak on behalf of my employer on this matter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ecnrip,

Just check if librfc32.dll is existing in your kernel directory? I guess it is looking for it in kernel.

Since Laurence has tested it correctly he may be able to guide us better whether his kernel has the file and what is the release.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence

We are running on Intel XEON processors, so it is X86 64 Bit.

Here is the SAPINST version I installed SCM 5.0 from :

\51032260_13\BS_2005_SR2_SAP_Installation_Master\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\sapinst.exe

Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your system and Itanium system or x64 system?

regards,

Laurence...

disclaimer: