cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I import XI 2.0 Namespaces into PI 7.0???

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

I've become fairly efficient at creating interfaces within XI 2.0. Since 2.0 is no longer supported we're looking to upgrade to PI 7.0. Our consultants are telling us to upgrade to 3.0 and then to 7.0. There is nothing in our XI databases worth saving to go through this extra process. I'm hoping that interface creation within 7.0 is just as easy if not easier than 2.0. If I can import 2.0 objects into 7.0 then development time will be even faster. I'm thinking we just install 7.0 NEW and then just recreate all the interfaces.

Has anybody imported 2.0 objects into 7.0???

Thanks,

Chad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can upload Repository Content from XI 2.0 in XI3.0/7.0

But you have to migrate the SLD content before, when you install a new SLD. Otherwise you would have conflicts with the GUID of the SWCV between SLD and IR.

Regards

Stefan

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Stefan.

Currently we have a separate SLD for each of our DEV, QAS and PRD XI installations. I was assuming that we would install new 7.0 versions of the SLD for each corresponding 7.0 PI installation. If we did that would we still run into GUID conflicts??? To me a completely NEW installation is no different than somebody installing XI for the first time. I'm not understanding the possibility of any type of conflicts using this method. Am I missing something here???

Thanks again for you help,

Chad

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SWVC in the SLD has a GUID as unique identifier.

When you create the same SWVC in another SLD, then it has a different GUID.

When you now upload the SWVC components from XI 2.0 to PI 7.0, then these SWVC are different.

You can add the SWVC content from XI 2.0 to PI 7.0, or create the SWVC and change the GUID afterwards (note: This is only for experienced SLD users).

Hope that helps

Stefan

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry to be so ignorant Stefan but what is the SWVC??? Is that a PI 7.0 term of some kind???

Thanks,

Chad

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I mistyped it.

I mean: SWCV = software component version.

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry to beat a dead horse here Stefan but I want to make sure that we're both talking about the same thing. The 2.0 objects that I'm wanting to import into 7.0 are the data types, message types, mappings... all the Integration Repository objects.

Can these type of 2.0 objects be imported into 7.0???

Thanks,

Chad

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,you can import them,they are the repository objects which Stefan waz referring

Thanx

Ahmad

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

I have no XI 2.0 system here, but as I remember all objects IR, like data types, interfaces and mappings, are organised under software components, the same way as in PI 7.0.

You can download a whole software component with all underlying objects and upload them th PI 7.0. You can as well download the objects individually, but the software component must be available in PI 7.0 as well.

Regards

Stefan

Message was edited by:

Stefan Grube

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per what Stefan is saying, yeah you can import SWCV's into XI 7.0, but first you need to export all your custom product's CIM models (SWC and relevant SWCVs, Products and relevant Product versions) into PI 7.0's SLD.

Regards,

Henrique.