cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES post installation steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

After my E4.7 SR1 IDES installation, I am now into Post installation steps.

1-As a first step,i registered LICENSE key,

2-What should i do next, I am not sure what i have to do after this..

a-Should i have to Configure TMS for transport?

if so can somebody send me the steps to do this..or any material for this..

3-Also i want to know whats the compulsory steps to be followed after the IDES installation as post installation steps..

suggestion pls.

I can reward points for all ur suggestions.

Ambichan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz provide installation steps for iDES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Post Installation Activities...

1. SE06 -> Select Perform post instllation.... > Select yes....

2. STMS -> Continue if you get your system details....

i) Select Overview...

ii) Create a virtual systems QAS and PRD

3. Create a new client using SCC4.

4. Login via sap* and pwd pass in the new client and Perform local client copy using SCCL and monitor the copy using SCC3.

5. Then create one user...

6. Check SPRO working fine are not....

7. Import if you need any languages using ..SMLT

With Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambichan ,

I installed IDES 4.7E successfully and I need to register LICENSE Key.Can pls you provide me steps to do that?

Thanks for your help..

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your SAP system run transaction SLICENCE to retrieve the hardware key for your installation (or run "saplicense -get" at the OS level in your executable directory)

Login to "service.sap.com/licensekeys" and request you licensekey. You will have to provide your Installation Number, SID, and Hardware Key obtained as above.

Once SAP has generated the key, you will receive an email with this key, as well as an attached licensekey file. Follow instructions in transaction SLICENSE to manually enter the key, or alternatively import the licensekey file

Former Member
0 Kudos

can any one send me the post installation procedure of IDES ECC 6 and how to get license for IDES only

swarajsaini at rediff mail .co m

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

I have successfully completed IDES ECC6.0 Installation. I have also configured TMS.

After doing all this i found out that IDES is running very slow,

Whenever user is trying to fetch something from Data Base it gets stuck.

I have checked all the Parameters suggested for Oracle as well as SAP instances.

Everything seems to be fine.

One of my friend suggested me to run UpdateStates from DB13old to solve this problem.

Can it be solved through UpdateStates ?

Do i need to perform anything else as well in post installation for better performance ?

I have oracle 10g as my DB

OS is WINDOWS AMD64 with 8 GB Ram.

Please help me ?

Regards,

Alok Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alokh

I have seen u message you have successfully install sap ecc6 vertion plz send me installation steps documents

I am also installing sap ecc6 version

thannks

Thiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can any one help in instaqlling sap4.7 version.and in want in detail bcoz im totally new to it.

thanking you

e-mail id is msg4abap@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now that you have installed a license key, you need to do the following before creating programs:

1. Register a user as DEVELOPER with SAP. Use the same website service.sap.com to register a user with any name. You will be given a developer key. When you create a program for the first time with that user, SAP system will ask for this key. Once entered, you will be registered in SAP system as a developer and not be asked again for the key.

2. Configuring TMS will be required if you intend to release your request to another system. If that is the case, please let me know. Otherwise, you can live without doing it.

3. If you have the hard disk capacity or tapes, take a back up of your system so that you do not have to reinstall SAP in case of any system failures.

That is all you initially need to do. Any other activities such as DB backups, Optimizer statistics updates, RFC connection settings, etc are on a case to case basis and some can be scheduled in DB13. You are always welcome to post any other queries you have.

BTW, you opened another thread for the same issue: Any reasons why you did not continue with that?

Regards

Message was edited by: Shehryar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear khan,

THanks for your point by point explanation.

Tomorrow i will confirm about the developer key.

In the mean time, I guess i want to do atleast below things

1-atleast configure the TMS.

2-RFC configuration setting.

if you have step by explanation for this pls share with me would be great help.

BTW, should i have to continue all this post installation steps in CLIENT 800 or 000.

I really thank you all for helping me giving instant reply in tough times..

ambichan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are most welcome to ask any questions.

1. Do all the configuration in 800. Client 000 is only a reference client.

2. To configure TMS, go to txn STMS. The system asks you to enter the name of Domain Controller. Name it something like DOMAIN_<SID>. Press Shift+F7 to go to transport routes.

3. This will currently display only one system.

4. Open in Change mode and choose menu path Configuration>Standard Configuration>Three Systems in Group. This allows you to simulate actual scenario of a 3 system landscape. Give any names for QA and Production systems.

5. Press F8 to distribute configuration.

6. Go back to STMS screen and press Shift+F6. Carry out all the checks using the menu path SAP System>Check>*. All the checks should be ok.

For creating any RFC connections, you can use txn code SM59.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey khan,

Your reply Sounds great. Thanks.

Actually today i confirmed with my superior.

They told. They are going to do Archive Testing and inspection related works in this system.

The main application program transaction on R/3 should be working.

What should i do now for that..do you have any idea w.r.t his reply.

ambichan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am not sure about the term inspection, but for archiving you have to carry out a couple of activities like: checking the tables from which data is archived, maintaining logical path through customizing settings, carrying out the archiving and deleting old data through SARA, etc. I think you should refer to the online documentation for archiving for further details on http://help.sap.com.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey khan,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont think post installation is more necessary here in case of Archive..where

1-Checking tables,maintaining logical path is all already strucutured once we have installed right..

Actually i should not say its inspection.its something they are going do with ARchiving experiments..

2-To make myself sure..does any Support packages or patches should be installed now for archiving..?

2-Apart from Licence key, User registration, i am thinking of configuring TMS..other than that i am thinking nothing is ncessary.

Pls recall me if you have any points to tell me..

ambichan