cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Proxy to FIle senario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a simple proxy to file senario, which is working fine.

The problem is that i have to put one more file on the FTP server which has some text of 7 characters that denotes that the Proxy was successful. This second file should only be created after the the first file is successfully created.

One of the solutions is to create to create one more proxy and put the two proxies into a specific queue so they are triggered one after the another.

Do you have any other solution expect this ??

Thanks.

Harpreet Daphu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>This second file should only be created after the the first file is successfully created.</i>

According to this, u want a synchronous behaviour of file adapter which is not possible.

U may opt for BPM for such scenario.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harpreet,

There are two ways:

Use BPM and for the send step for the first file enable transport acknowledgement .. after that keep the send step for the second file.. This will ensure that they go one after the other....

The other way is you can achieve EOIO from Proxy by hardcoding the que id....

Thanks and regards,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harpreet,

Theres a option in file adapter.

Run operating system command after file is written by file adapter.

Over there you can trigger a batch file which creates the file.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harpreet ,

Check this blog ....

<a href="/people/arulraja.ma/blog/2006/08/18/xi-reliable-messaging-150-eoio-in-abap-proxies:///people/arulraja.ma/blog/2006/08/18/xi-reliable-messaging-150-eoio-in-abap-proxies

it may help you....

With Regards,

Raju.

Please give points if useful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raju ,

I will try this out ... will let u know if there are any further issues...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following blog is similar but is of different scenario...you can get few points from this blog

/people/krishnakumar.ramamoorthy3/blog/2007/04/12/xi--event-based-message-triggering-with-dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done something silmilar, by using BPM.

Maybe not the best way, but if the first file fails, the second one is not created.

With two proxies, if the first fails, the second could still work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Barry , if we pass the Two proxies into a Single queue at the ABAP side , will that solve the problem... ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harpreet.... You do not need two proxies.... Create one proxy with a flag

the purpose of the flag is to indicate whether the record sent is the message payload or the last control record(success/Failure..).. Map the structure of the proxy according to your original msg and the control record.

Use interface determination to specify both the mapping....Make sure that you specify the original fsg first and chk the maintain order option...so the control rec is posted only if the msg record is succesful

Alternativbely make the proxy EOIO..

here is a link to help you with Proxy EOIO -> /people/arulraja.ma/blog/2006/08/18/xi-reliable-messaging-150-eoio-in-abap-proxies

You still need two mapping...but u dont need the maintain order option.

I personallly would tryu the first option..

regards

Arvind R