Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in account determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create a billing I get the error message as:

Document xxx saved.(error in account determination.)

Can anybody guide for me for the solution.

Thanks&Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feyyaz,

Go throough the following it will definitely solve your problem:

account determination is an important integration between SD & FICO modules. whenever a sale takes place, the system automatically posts the various prices and discounts and freights to the respective GL accounts through the account keys.

The account key is assigned to the respective GL account. Also in the pricing procedure we have a column called as account key(second last column). There we assign the account key. For eg., in Std SAP for basic price we have acct key ERL, for discounts ERS, for Output tax MWS, for freight ERF, etc. These account keys are basically defined by the FICO consultant and then the SD consultant assigns the respective account keys against the respective condition type in the pricing procedure.

The customer group is nothing but the grouping of various customers like wholesaler, retailer, etc. This is basically useful while maintaining pricing like for X group basic price is 10Rs, for Y group it is 15Rs. like that. Similarly material group is a grouping of materials like Ball pens, ink pens, gell pens, etc.

When you create the condition table and select these fields and save it and when you assign this table to your access sequence, the system searches for the condition record according to this key combination. For that you have to maintain the condition record in VK11.

now you are done with pricing. you create the sales order. delivery and invoice. Now for the system to generate an accounting document when you save the invoice in VF01 you have to maintain the account determination correctly otherwise the system will give an error - "error in account determination."

For doing account determination you have to go to :

IMG-sales & distribution-basic functions-account assignmentcosting-revenue account determination.

In this you first have to maintain the customer account assignment group and material account assignment group. This group for the customer means for which customer whether domestic or foreign etc. For material whether finished, semi finished, raw material, etc. You can also maintain as per name of the division.

This account assignment group you have to assign in customer as well as material master. In customer master (XD01) -sales area data- billing you have customer acct asst group, make an entry here. In material master (MM01)-sales:sales org.2 you have account asst group, make a proper entry here also.

Now in the above IMG path only you have access sequence, condition type, procedure. maintain everything and assign properly the procedure to the billing document type.

Now go to transaction code VKOA. You will see 5 tables. first is customer group/material group/acct key. When you double click on this it will show as following:

Application, condition type, chart of accounts, sales org., customer acct asst group, material acct asst group, acct key, G/L acct, provision acct. depending upon your customer type and material type you have to maintain all the columns and the respective G/L accounts. Like this do it for the remaining 4 tables.

Now whenever you make a sales order, delivery and invoice and when you save the incoice the system will automatically post the price, discount, tax, freight to the respective G/L accounts. This will make an accounting document which will show the exact value of price, discount, tax, freight for that particular transaction.

I hope I have answered your Query. Please reward valuable points if solution found useful.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear allabaqsh patil, can u send me some doc. on account determination for make order and sales order costing in make to order

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear allabaqsh patil, can u send me some doc. on account determination for make order and sales order costing in make to order

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to VF02, Environment-Account Determination Analysis-revenue accounts and check what is the problem. Then u will be able solve it.

chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to transaction code VF02 and click on release flag.

if you are still getting the problem in the transaction code vfo2 and go to edit --log

then go to transaction code VKOA and maintain the account keys and g/l ccounts for your sales org in your account determination

pls reward points if the answer is helpful

REgards,

Murali