Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutliple receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got 2 queries.

1.Can anyone explain when to go for BPM and when to go for normal scenario(enhanced Receiver determination) in case there are multiple receivers?Please give some detailed description as I am pretty confused with this topic.

2.Also explain me the steps to configure a scenario with file as sender and 2 Idoc's at receiver end with and without condition.

Thanks in advance,

Harish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kinthali,

>>>><i>1.Can anyone explain when to go for BPM and when to go for normal scenario(enhanced Receiver determination) in case there are multiple receivers?Please give some detailed description as I am pretty confused with this topic</i>

<b>BPM</b>

BPM comes into picture when you have process the data coming into XI server and process it. You may take further decesion also, hence BPM is mainly used when

1. You have persist data for a while in XI box and take decision

2. when you multiple receiver

ex : SOAP - XI - RFC- FILE, you have to go for BPM.

<b>enhanced Receiver determination</b>

You will use this in case of homgeneous receivers... that is you have use when receiver is of same type but multiple.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ramesh P

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

<b>Can anyone explain when to go for BPM</b>

You use BPM process when u are having some logic is there that can't be implented stright forward say Collecting IDOC, Spliting, Sync-Async Bridge etc.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/de/766840bf0cbf49e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

<b>in case there are multiple receivers?</b>

there are two way around

1. within BPM - /people/robin.schroeder/blog/2006/11/15/using-dynamic-receiver-determination-with-sync-interface

2. without BPM - enhanced receiver determination /people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

<b>Also explain me the steps to configure a scenario with file as sender and 2 Idoc's</b>

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

Sachin

Message was edited by:

Sachin Dhingra

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BPM in SAP XI is generally used for stateful message processing. e.g. if you want two messages to be processed depending on certain criteria you will have to use BPM.

Cases where BPM is required

1. Handling messages from multiple senders

2. Collecting of messages

3. Splitting of messages

4. Processing message based on certain criteria

5. If the receiver structure is created based on certain criteria.

Here is a checklist for correct use of BPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bf550d4-0201-0010-b2ae-8569d193...

Walkthrough

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The links didn't clear my doubts.

Someone please answer my queries.

BR,

Harish.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When to use BPM

/people/swen.conrad/blog/2006/12/22/xi-ccbpm-performance-under-perform-or-out-perform

This wil help u

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

Regards,

Prateek