cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FireFox limitation with WD ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the webshop built in WD ABAP. It is not integrated in the portal. Stylesheet is done with help of ThemeEditor. We find certain limitations in the way it is displayed with FireFox. I would appreciate if someone could help:

1. Dynamic links to action is not been displayed.

To display the menus on the left we have the Links to action filled in the table(present in the layout). This is done dynamically. We can see this links in the IE but not in FireFox. However if I place the link to action UI element in the layout at designtime, it is displayed with FireFox.

2. The pageHeader font size is changed manually in css to give right fontsize (since no option to change from the Theme Editor) is displayed correctly in IE but with Firefox there is no change. (Same as original)

Can somebody please help me resolve this issues at the earliest?

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dharmi,

which version of Firefox do you use and on which Basis Support Package is your backend?

According to the Product Availability Matrix (PAM in Service Marketplace), the usage of Firefox for Web Dynpro ABAP is only supported for Firefox 2.0 and with Basis Support Package 12.

Regards,

Rainer

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

I have tested my applications through Firefox 2.0 and its working perfectly fine.

Please check the version.Also please check whether you have put any addons with the firefox.Sometimes the addons can worsen the things

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rainer,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The version we have is

SAP_BASIS 700 0009 SAPKB70009 SAP-Basis-component Basis Support Pack.

Is it possible for you to email me the PAM, I could not find the one which points to Web Dynpro ABAP (Just Web Dynpro) at service.sap.com/PAM?

If yes, please do so at dharmi.tanna@interaccess.nl or dharmi.tanna@gmail.com.

Thanks much,

Dharmi

Message was edited by:

Dharmi Tanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

Thank you too for prompt reply. The FireFox version that I have is indeed 2.0 with addons and SAP BASIS version is 9.

Well in that case, we would have to upgrade.

Regards,

Dharmi

Message was edited by:

Dharmi Tanna

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per the matrix available i guess SAP_BASIS 700 0009 supports only firefox 1.5 .

Thanks

Anzy

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dharmi,

I don't send infos via email, because this is not in the spirit of this form, but I can write the link in this thread:

http://service.sap.com/pam

Regards,

Rainer

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

please don't guess, as this leads to misinterpretations. Fact is that Web Dynpro ABAP is only supported on Firefox 2.0 from SP12 on. There is no support of earlier Firefox versions (in no SP).

Regards,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rainer,

Thank you for the link. Lets keep the spirit of this forum. It would help me if I know that we both are referring to same document, is it "SAP NetWeaver '04 SR1 PAM "

dated 28-06-2007.

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rainer,

If this is truth, then the PPT that I am looking into (name send in eralier thread) is referring to : Web Dynpro and Firfox earlier versions (1.5).

Regards,

Dharmi

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dharmi,

yes, but only for Web Dynpro Java, as this was released earlier.

I refer to the PAM of SAp Netweaver 2004s, as this is valid for WD ABAP.

Regards,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rainer,

I found the right PPT. 011000358700001936242005E.ppt

Thatz what the confusion was. I was looking at the wrong PPT (older release).

Thank you,

Dharmi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

We have upgraded to SP12 but we still have the problem with Firefox. Can somebody help?

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Message was edited by:

Dharmi Tanna

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

if you encounter differences in the rendering between Firefox 2.0 and IE, please open a OSS message and explain the error (a screenshot would be fine).

Regards,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rainer,

Ok. Thanks for your prompt reply. We will do that.

Best regards,

Dharmi