cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-unicode to Unicode conversion in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

WE have ECC 6.0 at our location , it was upgraded from 4.7 to Ecc 6.0, but it is in non-unicode format , just we have to convert that thing to unicode , for that we have seen that we can export the data from current non-unicode system by SAPINST and import that data to another ECC 6.0 unicode system by using SAPINST .

i bit confuised that which oprn from SAPINST i have to select to export the data and which option to be select from SAPINST to import the data so pls can anybody help me regarding the same.

Regards

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

see the following links about Unicode Conversion Roadmaps and Conversion Guides:

http://service.sap.com/unicode

http://service.sap.com/unicode@sap

Best regards,

Elmar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i read the document , i got good idea about the conversion , but the problem is that which option should be select from sapinst when it run there are many option regarding the export so pls can u guide me.

Regards

Anil

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the documents, read them attentively - everything what you need to do is described there.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Basically you need to export the database, Install the new database with Unicode format and then import the Database. This is the basic of conversion. Which options to select will depend on your functionality. Go for the exact document which u need. Code page 4100 is common for Unicode conversion....

Award points if it helped

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Go for the exact document which u need. Code page

> 4100 is common for Unicode conversion....

4100? No - 4102 or 4103 are the correct ones - depending on processor and operating system (endianess). See

Note 552464 - What is Big Endian / Little Endian? What Endian do I have?

--

Markus