cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Person in Customer Master to be linked to Partner function CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My business scenario is that along with the address of the ship to party,the concerned persons name is also printed on the OR ,Deliver note and billing document.These names are changing alwayz,

Can some one tell me how can i link the contact persons in the customer master to the Partner function CP.Also i need to maintained multiple contact persons which can be then choosen at the SO level.

Kindly advise if there is some field in the sales order,which can be usd for the same(header level) and thereby the requirement be met.

In case u need to send a mail, kindly send on priyanka_mat@rediffmail.com

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The contact persons are maintained in standard SAP under partner function CP and are defined under partner type AP.

In the customer master if you wish to include contact persons, you need to create some contact persons first. You can do that by using t code VAP1 and specifying the customer for whom this contact person is required.

After this, if you go to the master data of the customer, in the contact person tab, you will find this contact person if you scroll down.

When you create a sales order for this customer, in the partners tab, this contact person will also be reflected.

Revert if this answers your query.

Best regards,

Ashok

former_member620108
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Well explained.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

After creating partner function CP, you should also include this as a partner in all transactions namely customer master, sales documetn header, delivery document header, billing header etc. in the corresponding partner determination procedures.

After that

Maintain the contact person for every customer in the customer master data.

Now when you create a sales order, the partner number will be copied into the sales header, which you may overwrite with some other partner if your configuration allows that manual change.

After order creation, if you create a delviery, the delivery will also have teh CP partner copied from sales header. This happens only if the CP is also a partner at Delivery header.

So also for invoice.

Now in all the outputs, you can enable the printing of contact person, as the contact person is available in the respective document

Hope you got the solution

Rwd if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priyanka,

(1) go to: Sales and Distribution > Basic Functions > Partner Determination > Set Up Partner Determination > Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master > Partner Functions

Check whether the CP partner function exists or not. "CP" is SAP standard delivered Partner Function and must be there.

(2) go to: Sales and Distribution > Basic Functions > Partner Determination > Set Up Partner Determination > Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master > Partner Determination Procedures

Check whether this partner function is included in your Customer Master Partner Determination Procedure for Sold-To Party or what ever account group you want.

(3) Now go to your Customer Master Record and create a Contact Person Record and save it.

(4) then go to Customer Master Record > Sales Area Data > Partner Functions tab and select the drop down list on Partner Fucntion to enter CP and select the drop down list for Customer Number and press enter then it should list your Contact Person Number then select it and save it.

(5) To flow this CP into Sales Order Make sure that the Sales Document Header Partner Determination Procedure has this partner function included.

Follow this path: go to: Sales and Distribution > Basic Functions > Partner Determination > Set Up Partner Determination > Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header > Partner Determination Procedures

Thanks and please reward points if helpful.

Sree.

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

try in contact person in customer,once you maintained the name check for some address/details tab ,once you fill it ,it will give you a no.which you have to maintain in partner tab. tell me if i am wrong

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define the contact person using transaction code (XD01) and choose the account group for contact persons. After you have defined the contact person and the system has generated a number for the contact person, Go to (XD02) and enter the customer number to which you would like to assign the contact person. Go to the Partner function tab page and enter the Partner function CP and the number for the contact person that was generated when you defined the contact person.

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

You cannot assign CP in customer master.

If you just want to make an entry you will have to create a department by name CP in table TSAB. Then enter a name and save.

Partner Function Assignment to Account Groups:

Go to t-code VOPA or follow Path: SPRO => Sales & Distribution => Basic Functions => Partner Determination => Assign Partner Functions On The Debit Side To Account Groups

In this for example you want to Assign CP - Contact Person to an account group,

Then select Customer Master Radio Button, (make sure partner type CP is assigned to partner procedure AG in this case), then against Account Group 0001 assign AG and save.

Hint: This is a non transportable change. If you want to move this change to quality or production you need to use . transport. Regular customization Task (CTS number will not be of any help here as system will not prompt for it)

Hope this will solve your problem

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

do the patner determination for contact persons in VOPA ,maintain contact persons (CP) as patners and assign them to the account group.

it will appear in the customer master.

regards

sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

I know partner determination,and i have configured eerything.

Waht i want to know is ,in cust master,there is one tab of contact persons, i want to assign them as partner function CP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U create a new Account group as Contact person. Create Master data for Contact person and assign this contact person number in Partner functions tab of sales area data of Customer master record.

By this way U can have the contact person name and address on to the reports.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

TRY WITH PARTNER DETERMINATION IF UNABLE TRY WITH USER EXITS