Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I want two clarifications in BOM

1. After the BOM gets exploded in the sales order i should not change the subitems or the quantities also ?

2. My business process is MTO and I have all materials as configurable in my business.

I get the PO from the customer with the specifications of the components which result in a main product. If this is the case. HOW CAN THE SYSTEM IDENTIFY MAIN ITEM BOM AUTOMATICALLY WITH THE SET OF SUBITEMS ENTERED AS COMPONENTS.

Pls send the configurations steps.

regards,

sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SriRam,

your question is : HOW CAN THE SYSTEM IDENTIFY MAIN ITEM BOM AUTOMATICALLY WITH THE SET OF SUBITEMS ENTERED AS COMPONENTS ?

Ans:->

It is done on the basis on characteristics selected on the Header Materialof BOM, based on which selection conditions (assigned via CS02 ) gets fired to select the appropriate BOM components.

If you need more details, plz revert back with more details.

Reward if found useful.

Regards,

Gaurav Raghav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gaurav,

can u tell m how do you effect it in the header material , suppose say x is the header material , what are the characteristics in that ?

can u explain me in detail ?

kindly up date ?

regads

sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SriRam,

If X is your header material of type KMAT.

certainly it will be having a variant class (class type 300) attached to it.

That class contains all the characteristics which are required for material X.

we create all required characteristics by T.Code CT04 and put them into Variant Class when we create class by using CL02.

Further, we create BOM for X using CS01.

Suppose X consists of A,B and C.

Then You enter A,B and C as the components in BOM of X.

You then can write selection conditions for each of item A , B and C.

Selection Condition is a type of dependency which causes the component selected only when the condition written in it is satisfied.

Hope this helps you. Reward points...:-)

Regards,

Gaurav Raghav.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BOM is all about Materials which we maintain.

While configuration of Material Masters,

a) The main material's item cate group maintained as ERLA which is relevant for billing

b) The subitems item cate group is as usually NORM

Use T Code : CS01

Select usage as 5 which is Sales & distribution

then add subitems to Main item.

then go for order for your main item, u will get main item priced and remaining items not relevant for pricing.

Regards

Shoban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sriram,

when we create the BOM, either we do pricing with the header item or with the sub items. For header item level pricing we use item category group as ERLA and for the sub item level pricing we use item category group as LUMF.

This item category group we maintain in the mterial master of the header item only whether it is header item level pricing or ub item level pricing.

When in CS01 we create the BOM, there we first enter the header item material code, plant and the indicator '5' for sales & distribution bom and inside we enter the componenets which will be the sub items for the header material. Here we also maintain the ItC as 'L' - stock item.

When you save the BOM and create the sales order then when you enter the header item in the material column and quantity, the system automatically explodes the BOM.

What you are telling is that the customer PO will contains the sub items only which will result in the main product. So for this you should first maintain a sales order BOM in which the header material will contain the sub items which are mentioned in the customer PO. But for this first you will have to create a header material with item category group as ERLA or LUMF depending on the pricing required. No save the sales order BOM.

Go to VA01 and create the sales order, when you enter the header material you will see the sub items.

Hope I have answered your query. Reward points if solution found useful.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because of item category Group attach to the material system came to know whether pricing is applicable at header level or item level.

If item category group in Material master is ERLA then pricing is applicable at header level and subitem act as text item.

If item category group in Material master is LUMF Then pricing is at item level and in this case u have to assign delivery group so as to supply all the components at the same time else delivery can be create at individual level as the schedule line become due.

Hi regarding ur first question we can change after explosion of bom in sales order .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

work on item categories erla and lumf

and you can change the quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

REFER LINK BELOW REWARD IF IT HELPS U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the CS01 record

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can u be more specific on the answer to my questions.

regards,

sriram