cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Secondary Sales in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementing R/3 for a Media industry where in there are 2 level of sales.

1. Primary sales ( Company to Distributor)

2. Secondary Sales(Distributor to Dealers)

Now in this case Distributor's are acting as stockist / commission agent. Now R/3 has to map disributor as well as the dealer and track the individual sales. For that We have proposed a solution that we will capture Dealers as a customer in R/3 SD by mapping org. structure of the company.

My question is how to incorporate Distributor in the org. structure ? Can I use Each Distributor as Sales office and map all the Dealers under each distributor as a customer. ?

Pls. give your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Kaushik Chari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U may consider both distributor & dealers as ur customer and can find out their individual sales accordingly.

chan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your responses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I think Ayub is right. You should not map Distributors( Master Data) as the Sales Offices( Organizational Data).

Better, you create Distributors as Customer Masters only.

For tracking the secondary sale, Please check for Secondary Sale Tracker Tools available (e.g. IBM has developed a secondary Sales Tracking Tool )

Further, You can track the secondary sale truly when your SAP system is connected to the system of your distributors.

Otherwise, you can do one thing. If you are supposed to fetch the secondary sales data manually from your Distributor.

then, represent the Dealers as a Customers with a specific Customer Group.

and upload their Details of sales to them via Upload tools periodically.

Hope this helps you.

Reward points if found useful.

Regards,

Gaurav Raghav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Sales office is termed as an internal organisation element in SAP. ie:- Its a representation of the company at a specified geography.

The distributor is always a customer for the business. The operations of the distributor are completely different from the company. Hence, mapping distributor as a sales office is completely ruled out.

The distributors can be taken as a DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL in the org structure.

All the distributors are created as customers in a specific sales area.

Secondary sales is a business activity happening from the distributor to the dealer.

So, in any business automation(not only SAP) we need not automate this activity.

This would be automated by the distributors. We can only frame business regulations in domain for the secondary sales but not automate it.

Reward if helpful.

regards,

sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to restrict the customers (Dealers in ur case) from other Distributors.

If you want to restrict then sales office is not the solution.

And the distributors are going to be forever working under the company and no new distributors are going to join?

That cannot be case so mapping distributors as sales office is not a correct way to do it.

Regards

AK