Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Source Code

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

i wanted to take a look at the source code of the ESS WebDynpros. In order to do that i created a new track, imported the SC of the ESS, MSS and PCUI_GP (just source! not the archives!). I checked in and imported all 3 SCA files. I then downloaded the new development configuration into my NWDS. So far so good.

But how can i view the source code of these SC? All i can do is adding a new DC to them, but thats nothing i want to do. I just want to take a look.

Greetings

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...you must add the ESS component as a source and archive to your domain.

In the Software for Development section section of the domain add for example SAP ESS 100. Make sure the package type is source and archive.

You them must check-in and import the ESS SCA file via transport studio and required components.

Once completed, login into NWDS and replicate the remote configuration. You should be able to create a WebDynpro project from an inactive component and view the source code, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry...when I say domain, I assume you have a setup the DTR and are familiar with CMS.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

i did all that, but i just used "source" instead of "archive and source" for the SC.

But the question remains, how can i view the sources. I see the ESS SC at the Development configuration view. If i switch to inactive components i can add a new DC to this SC. Shall i do that?

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried it again this time with archives and sources... still the same. I do see the inactive SC "sap.com_SAP_ESS_1" but it doesnt have any DC.