cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is ANSI ENCODING possible using file/j2see adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing a file to file bypass scenario .My client has demanded that the output file should be in ANSI format.I checked the <b>file.encoding</b> option in sap-help but ANSI is not available can u suggest that what encoding type i must use.

I am thinking of using ISO-8859-1.

Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use Microsoft Notepad and safe the file with encoding "ANSI", it means code page Windows-1252. This is a proprietary character set of Microsoft.

You should use ISO-8859-1 instead.

Regards

Stefan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It works for me with file encoding = cp1252.

My XI is installed on a Windows server.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stephen ,

first of all thanks a lot for such authentic reply.but i have still a minor doubt.whether cp1252 support PC-ANSI format or not.Actually my client has reported that in ISO-8859-1 format which is UNIX-ANSI the carriage return is "\n" but he want carriage return as"\r\n".I have not checked using cp1252 before sending the sample to client can u once confirm that cp1252 will support PC-ANSI OR i have to use others.plz stephen reply its urgent

Regards

Saurabh Sharma

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The CR/LF question has nothing to do with encoding.

In UNIX the end of line is marked with \n, in Windows it is marked with \r\n.

How XI treates the end-of-line depends on the system where it is installed.

There is no way to influence this. You have to change the EOL with a script.

The question is: What happens with the file after the XI has written this? Is it relevant whether the end-of-line is \r\n or not?

When you have XI installed on UNIX then I assume that cp1252 is not available is this is a Windows code page.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Thanks for ur quick response.Ur reply cleared some of my doubt,but i want to know that whether we can achieve ANSI coding using file/j2see adapter or not as there is not any option available for ANSI coding..........Plz guide me further.

Regards

Saurabh