cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of manually updating VBAP and VBFA table????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a business requirement for which we plan to create a Billing request using BAPI and an external application(instead of using DP91).Had we created the Billing request through the normal process referring to a Contract, the VBAP and VBFA table would have got updated correctly giving the Referenced Contract no. and line item no. which has been referred to create this Billing request.But, what we intend to do is to bypass this standard updation and to manually update VBAP table giving the desired Reference line item no.(of the contract) instead of the actual line item no.

My question is, what could be the impact of updating the VBAP table manually???

I understand that VBFA table also gets updated through standard process only.If we want to manually update a field in the VBFA table also, what could be its impact?????

Guys who have done a similar kind of activity earlier kindly suggest the feasibility of the same.

Thanks in anticipation!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AA,

Dont even think of updating/Changing any of the logic provided by SAP, be it changing the logic for VBFA or anything. The moment SAP realises that some changes had been taken without their knowledge, they will just stop supporting ur system.

Also the place where you want to make some change is highly critical. So pls stay away from it and try to map your reqmt some other way.

Rwd points if it helps.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I require BAPI name to create billing request in DP91. Can anybody suggest here?

Thanks,

Bijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

AA

Pls do not update tables as this will not tally your system data with the actualo data.

its not suggestiable to Updat SAP tables directly

bye

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I tried to search Reference line item no.(of the Contract) in BAPI and gave the desired line item no. in it and executed it.To elaborate...I had a Contract with 5 line items, while creating a Billing Request through BAPI, I gave the line item no. '20' as reference from the contract.The Billing Request got created but with reference to line item 10 of the contract and not 20.Till now, when I was not giving Reference line item no. of contract, it was still creating Billing Request with reference to line item 10 only.The only difference in this case is that when I see VBAP table it shows reference item no. field as '20'(however it has created Billing request with ref. to line item 10 only).

Could you please explain the logic behind this and how to create Billing request with the desired reference line item, through BAPI???

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is a tough question to answer...

changing the tables in direct mode is always dangerous because SAP updates many tables at one time (eg. VAPMA...)

I also experienced to change the VBFA by abap and it works without any great problems. Also I i think that changing VBGEL and VGPOS fields in VBAP could be possibile without much risk. The better way is to do this in the copy control routines, so that all changes are managed by the standrd programs.

Try this way before all, and alway use BAPIs to create documents.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please dont update the VBAP/VBAK/VBFA or any other standard SD tables manually.

<b>Impact could be a show stopper for your business.Your deliveries/billing documents might not be updated/processed correctly and you will not be able to understand system behaviour if you are planning to modifying VBAP/VBFA manually.</b>

Use Standard SAP function modules/BAPI.

<b>Reward if this is helpful.</b>

Thanks