Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking user DDIC in productive client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement to lock DDIC account in our productive client. (not 000, 001).

a) Does SAP expect the DDIC user to remain unlocked during day-to-day operations?

b) What will be effects if we do lock it in the productive client?

c) I noticed there is one client dependent RDDIMPDP job being run as DDIC.

Can any other user run the job which has similar authorisations as DDIC or

only DDIC need to run?

Any help or informational link will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Lock the users SAP, DDIC, EARLYWATCH and your remote support user. Unlock them only when necessary. (Note that it should never be necessary to use SAP!)

Locking an user will restrict unauthorized logon. by locking DDIC ,the background jobs are not affected.

more on this..refer the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3e/cdaccbedc411d3a6510000e835363f/frameset.htm

with regards,

Rajesh.

plz, reward points!!

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

a) No , it depends our customer requirements.

b) Actually, it depends on the how you are using that client.

c) Yes, any other user also can. But basically it is scheduled automatically.

My recommendation is NEVER lock users like.....

basis

test

tmsadm

ddic

sap*

If situation demands just tempararly lock it, and release it.

Note: Points always encourage me to reply !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Lock the users SAP, DDIC, EARLYWATCH and your remote support user. Unlock them only when necessary. (Note that it should never be necessary to use SAP!)

Locking an user will restrict unauthorized logon. by locking DDIC ,the background jobs are not affected.

more on this..refer the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3e/cdaccbedc411d3a6510000e835363f/frameset.htm

with regards,

Rajesh.

plz, reward points!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I have never had any problems locking DDIC.

As MSR said, another user can be used to run the job (as long as it has appropriate auths) so you can swap the job over.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

I am not able to understand how locking of DDIC user will not affect background jobs. I have seen in our productive client when the DDIC is locked - the background job fails with the message "Failed to login to the client" .

Can this be clarified please?

Thanks

Kumar

0 Kudos

hi,

After locking u need to make sure u adjust ur background jobs with the new user ID that u r using to replace the DDIC Id

Also if the job is an RFC coming from another system then u need to make sure the values in that system are also modified accordingly.

Rgds,

Manohar Kappala