cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to point to a Custom Function Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am on EP7.0 ERP05 NW04s and trying to modify ESS Address Application .The standard application points to the standard Function group HRXSS_PER_P0006_US and I want to point to a Custom(a copy of it) with name ZHRXSS_PER_P0006_US.. What's the right procedure to do it.....?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. You mean to say that I should create a copy of the standard DC ,do my modifications(front end) again and then point to the custom BAPI...

Please reply.

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes...its better to create from scratch then point it to Z model.

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joseph,

The remote call attribute for the function modules has already been enabled ... and I can import them ...then what should be my next step..?

Please help.

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Modifying model in standard DC is really painful......it may result in many errors, instead of this create a new custom DC fro, scratch....

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello joseph,

Yes the copy was made for the entire function group now when I try to import the new function group it is listing me only the function modules there rather than the group it self ...... can i import the function modules individually and point to them....?

Please help.

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can individualoly call those functions only if you set the attribute : remoted-call in the properties tab.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

Thanks for the reply.You mean to say that we should modify the standard RFC and not make a copy of it and keep all the mappings as same ....

... Any way I have to do this because we are making changes both at the Frontend and the backend ...

Please help.

Message was edited by:

SubhashTripathi

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

If you make a copy of the standard, you have to copy all the stuff, after all you will be able to change what ever you want !

regards

Message was edited by:

berthe joseph

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

I really doubt wether we can achieve this, i mean pointing a standard webdynpro to Custom RFC instead of Standard RFC.

If you want to use standard RFC along with Z, this is possible. But modifying the existing model and pointing it to Z model is difficult, as the standard model nodes and attributes are mapped upto the views. You have to delete the mapping one by one without any error.This is a tedious process....

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First ask to ABAP Guys Forum they know that very well.

Second, goto this thread :

Regards