Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Configuration question....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is for PI SP12 on AIX and Oracle.

I am configuring the CRM 5.0 to PI 7.0. The CRM 5.0 is ABAP+J2EE system. I have created two RFCs in CRM ABAP side (SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC). Both of these RFCs are pointing to PIHOST and PIGATEWAY.

The application system has a J2EE as well so there must be a setting in visual administrator as well. So I go to Server -> Services - JCo RFC Provider.

As far as I have understood I have to maintain two entries for two RFCs with the name of the program ID (e.g. LCRSAPRFC_<SID>).

My question is that the values in the section <b>RFC Destination</b> and <b>Repository</b> should point to PIHOST and PIGATEWAT or it should point to CRMHOST and CRM-GATEWAY.

I think it should point to PIHOST and PIGATEWAY and the value of “Gateway Host” and “Application Server host” will be same.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards.

Sume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sume,

It should point to the PIHOST and PIGATEWAY since you're registering CRM in XI's SLD.

Warm regards,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for a very helpful answer.

One more confusion/question.

Suppose my SLDHOST and SLDGATEWAY is different than PIHOST and PIGATEWAY then

Will your above reply still be true?

Because when we create an entry in SLDAPICUST in Application System we enter the HOST and PORT of system where SLD is running. We do not enter the host and port of PI system. And yes, this PI should also be poitinng to same SLD.

Please reply.

I will appreciate your reply.

regards.

Sume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sume,

Just remember, the RFC Destinations LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI are used to connect your application system to whichever host where your sld resides. Normally, your SLD will be in the PI system.

If you notice, you also need to create these RFC destinations in your PI system. In this case, you do not need to define the host and gateway parameters. You can check this by testing the connection in the edit screen of the RFC destination in sm59.

Hope this helps!

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody please reply to this question.

I will appreciate your help.

regards.

Sume.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

Regards.

Answers (0)