cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benifits to use asynchronous scenario??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All~~

I wonder the advantages to use asynchronous integration scenario instead of sync. scenario.

What kinds of advantage are there?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

its not about benefits or non-benefits ,its the requirement which decides whether the scenario has to be synchronous or async.

see if you want to jst send the data from source to receiver then go for async communication but if you want to send some data to the receiver and then based upon that data get some response from the receiver then its gonna be sync communication

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. I see.

I can make scenario by synchronous or asynchronous.

We should receive the result data from receiver.

In that scenario, I can decide to use both synchronous scenario and async. scenario using BPM.

I just wonder the reason to decide async. scenario in that case.

Thank you!!

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Park,

<i>receive the result data from receiver.</i> .

You can't use asynchronous in this case. You are getting response either way whether u are using BPM or not , the above case needs to be Synchronous.

Am i right?

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You are right. In order to configure a response from the receiver system, you need to setup your interfaces in the synchronous mode.

Warm regards,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You are right.

I know I need synchronous JDBC receiver in that case.

Let's consider in sender side.

I think I can make that scenario by async. sender & sync reveiver & the other async. sender bridge with BPM.

And the other way, I can make that by synchronous sender & receiver.

In that case, what is the benifit of first scenario??????

Thank you.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Park,

I'm sorry ,I couldn't understand the requirement,Can u please explain me little bit.

Best regards,

raj.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are certain benefits of async scenario as explained by SAP.

SAP recommends the use of async scenarios as far as possible. Async communication enhances loose coupling of the systems involved in any communication. On the other hand, in sync scenario, the sender system waits for the response from the receiver making the overall landscape more tightly coupled.

So it would always be better to use Async scenario so that in future if any modification in landscape occur, it could be achieved with minimal change

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>In that scenario, I can decide to use both synchronous scenario and async. scenario using BPM.

there are few adapters in XI(like File adapter and IDOC adapter) which can't be used in synchronous scenario,but suppose the requirement is such that we need the response,then what we do is that we design a BPM to fulfil our need.hence suppose you want to send EmployeeID from a File and want to get the EmployeeName from the R/3 server(using RFC receiver adapter) then you will design a BPM coz File cant handle sync scenario,but if you are sending this information from HTTP i,e HTTP to RFC scenario then you dont need any BPM.

now suppose you want to just send this EmployeeID from File to RFC and dont want any response,then you will use async communication and wont design any BPM

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ahmad & Raj.

My scenario is proxy-to-JDBC scenario.

And I should receive a response from Receiver.

I think I have two option.

One is Synchronous way.

And the other is

Async. proxy outbound -> (BPM) -> sync. JDBC inbound -> (BPM) -> Async. proxy inbound.

Thank you for your helps.

I understood what you said.

It's very helpful. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

no need of BPM,both proxy and JDBC support sync communications

just do a Proxy-XI-JDBC scenario

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>no need of BPM,both proxy and JDBC support sync communications

just do a Proxy-XI-JDBC scenario</i>

Is that possible connecting two async. proxy( outbound, inbound ) & one sync. JDBC without BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Proxy can be used as sync so you dont need to worry about BPM at all.

as far as your question is concerned,to integrate async and sync system,we need to use BPM.but for your scenario we dont

Thanx

Ahmad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Juz to add on As answered by others usage of syn / assynch depends on requirements.

Remember Synchronous Communication has bearing on the performance but is more a <b>reliable</b> way of confirmation of data being received at the receiver side.

**As when a data is Exchange in a <b>synchronous mode</b> the sender has to <b>wait</b> for a <b>response</b> msg back from the receiver before it sends the Next Message.

To increase the complexity more consider if you have multiple receivers for a scenario say 4 / 6 then how will u ensure that msg has been received by all the receivers. One way is through Synchronous Mode.

You can check out the concept of <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/11/13283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/content.htm">MULTICAST</a> for further reference.

Cheers,

<b>*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Park,

In addition to Ahmad's reply, it all depends on your Business requirement . Let me give u an example. Consider u are using Receiver JDBC adapter with just update db, u can configure it either way synch or asynch. If the business reqmt is I want to know whether it has been updated or not , if its not updated then do further action, in this case u've to configure it as Synch. Consider the other way arnd ,i'm sure XI will update the DB I don't want the call to be synch , then u can configure it as asynch. It's just an example.

Hope it helps a bit!!!

Best regards,

raj.