cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC 7.0 integration with BW 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to model BI data service in VC 7.0 and pass variables to the BW query dynamically based on user parameters ?

In other words, we have defined a query in BW 3.5 with a variable (e.g. costcenter). Can we populate the costcenter value at runtime based on the user parameters.

Any help is greatly appreciated and rewarded.

- Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"user parameters" , do you mean what user has entered?

If so , you have to select the Inputted which you would like to pick the data from and map it against BI data service column. This you can do by selecting the connector which connects the FORM , BI data service and click configure (available in right side bar).

Map appropriate InputField to appropriate column.

This should help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

I did not mean 'what user has entered' but automatically determine the variable values for the BW query based on the user data (e.g. Use 'Department' field in user management to store data and then use it to filter BW query)

Thanks,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have figured out how to use User parameters to populate the variables for BI data service.

1.Get the User Data element and map the parameter you want to use and store it as a global data in Data Store.

<InputField name> = @UserParameter

2. Assign the above value to the input field for BI data service

InputField = Store@<InputField name>

Thanks

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks, I just added it to the WIKI:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Usinguserparameterstopopulate+variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure. But I guess your "real' question is, where you can get these user parameters, right?

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Userdatacomponent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

We are able to get the user data but not able to use that info as the variable values automatically for the data service from BW.

Can you tell us how, if it could be done.

Thanks,

Sanjay.