cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture Events from a Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a button to call a R3 search help using the class/method: CALL METHOD cl_wdr_value_help_handler=>handle_dd_shlp. It works; however, now I need to do the following and need some help.

1. If the user selects a record from the search results, need to navigate to the next view.

2. If the user clicks cancel (X), go back to the initial view.

Code placed after calling the method get executed, but the search help screen is still visible (on top).

The main goal here is to try to capture events of a user action when using a Search Help. Can you recommend how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you both for your prompt replies!

Nithya - unfortunately, our development system does not have the component DEMO_VALUE_HELP in the SWDP_DEMO package.

Koen - From the blog, it describes developing a custom input help. In my scenario, I am calling a standard R3 data dictionary search help instead and want to capture a user action when they select a search result line or when they cancel the search.

Does the instructions differ for a custom input help vs. standard R3 data dictionary help?

Thanks,

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

In case of a dictionary search help, you need a search help exit for this. Event handling is possible only with OVS and custom search help.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

You can capture the selection event when you use an OVS search help or a freely programmed search help. Refer to the component DEMO_VALUE_HELP in the SWDP_DEMO package. That has examples of both types of search helps.

On the selection event, you only need to fire an outbound plug.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can see this in this blog: <a href="/people/koen.labie2/blog/2006/11/17/custom-f4-functionality-in-webdynpro-for-abap:///people/koen.labie2/blog/2006/11/17/custom-f4-functionality-in-webdynpro-for-abap

grtz,

Koen