cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve Control Record data in disable state

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In file to idoc scenario if the control record in IDOC is disable. Then how can we get the control record data?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, this is a situation I actually had.

When you check retreive control record data from IDoc in the Communication channel, it will use that data from the EDI_DC40 field in your message mapping instead of the Sytem landscape values you have on your system. I have to do it for my tests because the servers I use are not in the SDL.

When you don't have the apply records from payload box checked, XI will automatically pull the values from your SDL, and ignore the values in EDI_DC40 from your mapping, that's why you can disable the EDI_DC40 field.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>Then how can we get the control record data?

if the control record is disabled then it means ur not mapping anything to it,and since you are not mapping anything to it then how will u get the records?

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Actually I would like to know about the relation between control record data (EDI_DC40) from IDOC and a check box ("Apply control record data from payload") at Receiver IDOC adapter. When will we check that check box? and when will we uncheck it? In some cases we disable EDI_DC40 in that case without control record data how the message will be sent?

Regards

Srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

in addition to above reply,please have a look at the following

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/791c42375d5033e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If the control record in IDOC is disable the you have to handle thoise values while IDOC proceesing at R3 side. When IDOC will be processing then values should be populated as hard coded.

Regards

Ritesh