Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passive Substitute and Default Approver's Inbox

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our purchasing manager assigned a substitute before going on vacation. However, it was set with the passive setting. How does the substitute access the approvers inbox via the Web Interface to process the approvals?

Thanks in advance and points will be awarded accordingly.

Dean.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dean,

In Passive substitute functionality, Substitute will not recive the approval work item or not even the message informing that the SC is awaiting for the approval.

Substitute Approver have to switch to the Actual Approvers inbox by clicking on the Substitute Link (Available in the GUI) and have to select the particular approver, who's approval inbox ( Approver who is holding the approval work itme) he wishes to check.

Hope the above solution resolves u'r problem. Let me know if U require any clarificatiosn in this regard.

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

So basically, via the Web Template, Passive Substituion does not work since the substitute does not have a link to sign into the original approver's inbox. Is that correct?

Regards, Dean.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There should be a link in the Approver inbox. The passive substitute would take the following steps to see the original approver's inbox.

1. Click on Substitute button in upper right hand corner.

2. Click Transfer Substitution button on bottom of screen

3. Click on Original Approver's name

4. Then, you will see the documents in the Approver's inbox

We are going through the portal so I'm not sure if that is the same as the web template you are talking about.

Monique

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls see the foll related thread:

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, this really doesn't provide the information I am looking for.... If someone id set-up as Passive, how does the assigned person function and the substitute approver? Meaning, how does one access the workfloe items that need to be processed. I found that if it Active, the workflow items are seen in the substitue's inbox and new workflow item e-mails are sent to substitute.

Again, how does the process work for Passive substitution?