cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Interface With CRM RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a BAPI in CRM that I call from XI via RFC. In CRM, I want to be able to see what happens with the function; whether it fails, abends, etc. I have some strange things happen and am trying to trouble shoot the cause. From the XI side, all looks like it went well.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you're CRM is based on WAS 6.20 or higher you can use ABAP proxy

this way you will see everything (SXMB_MONI on CRM)

with RFC it's not possible without your own customer developed monitor

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey michal

have a small question:)

since CRM uses Bdoc instead of IDOC's,and AFAIK we cant import BDOC's so is there any possibility to make use of those BDOC's and post the data,if yes, then what is that?

Thanx

Ahmad

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmand,

>>>>since CRM uses Bdoc instead of IDOC's,and AFAIK we cant import BDOC's so is there any possibility to make use of those BDOC's and post the data,if yes, then what is that?

you're confusing those two things a little bit

CRM uses bdocs as internal messages

and bdocs can (in standard via XIF adapter) generate IDOCs - both directions work like that

so with CRM you also use IDOCs (it's the preferred way)

and there's no need to import or do anything with bdocs

a little bit clearer ?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Michal

so basically we can integrate CRM without bothering about BDOC's,just import the IDOC's from CRM and post the data using receiver IDOC adapter.am i right?

Thanx

Ahmad

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>without bothering

more or less:)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx

Regards

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

do you by chance know if the standard proxies for bp (e.g. AbaBusinessPartnerIn) are automatically creating BDocs in CRM?

I mean I saw that there where some proxies for business partners related to XIF for CRM but I saw that they are deprecated (at least the package where they are contained is deprecated).

I will be able to do a test before the end of the week but at the moment my CRM system is not yet available and I am really curious

Thanks a lot!

Sergio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are trying to interface with CRM ...using XI ...the better approach is always ..idocs ..as you have better monitoring features.But if u are using RFC ..then might as well use abap proxy instead .

If you can tell me the sceanrio as to what are you trying to exact business process ..I might as well suggest the idoc to use (after enhancing according to your need of course ).....

Regards ,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would have loved to use the standard IDOC, bu we had special circumstances that required our own RFC/BAPI. As for the ABAP proxy, where do I get more infor on that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version of CRM are you using ?

Try running transaction SPROXY in CRM and see if anything happens.

If so, check under your namespace and see if you can see your interface defined. If you can then just right click on your interface to generate the required ABAP proxy.

I have just finished a CRM/XI project and the majority of integration was done using ABAP proxies. Any functions that were called were inside the ABAP proxy instead of using the RFC adapter. It was far easier and quicker doing it this method instead.

Only use IDOCs if the standard IDOC fits your requirement - otherwise do not bother.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

does this mean that Bdocs are automatically created after an incoming standard ABABusinessPartnerIn proxy?

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to bother with BDOCs.

Just call the function module(s) for creating the business partners in CRM in the incoming ABAP proxy. I think you should be able to create an ABAP proxy for a SAP supplied content.

Cheers

Colin.