cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service not seen in Web service navigator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sometimes, although a web service is successfully deployed on a WAS (not a local WAS), it is not shown in the web service navigator page. Are there any extra manual steps to achieve this ?

Regards,

- Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, no further effort is required to register the service. It happens as part of the deployment.

My experience has always been that if the web service doesn't show up, there's an issue with the deployment, even though the dev studio indicates it was successful. Check the server logs for any further error messages that may give an indication that something is wrong.

While your WS may not show up in the services list, perhaps the WS is active. Have you tried to run the service? Use the Web Services Checker from the portal perspective in the DS to test using the wsdl. If it runs, then there's something else going on.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol and Ken !!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

To the best of what I know, no need of any extra setting / configuration. Moment you deploy your web service from NWDS / SDM, it should ideally appear in wsnavigator.

I think best idea would be check your JNDI tree if it has got really deployed or check for applications using NWA.

Rgds,

Amol