Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column width with Planning book

paul_gloede
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently running APO 4.1 and just upgraded the SAPGUI to 7.10. One of the things our users noticed was that within Interactive Demand Planning, the periods in the column headings are shown as P 10/200...

If the column width is manually made bigger, the period shown does not change. It is still P 10/200... (ie. it's still missing the last digit, in this case a 7). It appears the column heading (period value) is fixed.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a message into SAP, but have been waiting, and waiting....

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have not faced such type of issue.

Suggestions:

1) Check the Period indicator in the intractive demand planning. is it on Formatted or not.

In our case it is on formatted and we are not getting any issue.

2) Also check the User settings

Our GUI version is 7100.1.0.1027

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eSkill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

AFAIK SAPGUI 7.10 is not mandantory for SCM 5.0 (see Product Availability Matrix).

Best Regards

Carsten

paul_gloede
Participant
0 Kudos

You're correct, Carsten. The SCM 5.0 system requires SAP GUI 6.40 compilation 4 or higher. Since the 6.40 version runs out of maintenance before the 7.10 release, we decided to go with the later. The newer release also gives us new functionality which we would like to use. Hence the reason for my original question.

I'm hoping this can be resolved in one of a few ways.

1) Patch 3 is due out the week of July 16

2) When we upgrade our system to SCM 5.0, the issue will go away

3) SAP will supply us with a fix.

Here's hoping for one of the 3!!

Paul

paul_gloede
Participant
0 Kudos

I've corrected the problem. It seems that Patch 2 contains a bad ApoGrid.ocx file which causes the symptoms I mentioned in my earlier post. After some days of testing, I found that after applying the Core 710 release, you need to avoid installing Patch 2. That means uninstalling the GUI, reinstalling the Core 710, then applying Patch 3 directly. It is also safe to go from Patch 1 to Patch 3. So long as you avoid Patch 2, this apogrid.ocx file should be ok.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's a badi that can be used to alter the planning book column width.Use the definition /SAPAPO/SDP_COLWIDTH to create an implementation.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks!

PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like an GUI issue.

You can try by downgrading the GUI to 6.40(i think 6.40 is good enough for 4.1) or wait for a patch form SAP

paul_gloede
Participant
0 Kudos

Harish,

Installing the 6.40 GUI is not an option since we are in the beginning stages of upgrading to SCM 5.0 which requires SAPGUI 7.10. The GUI we upgraded from, 6.20, didn't show this kind of behavior, so I think you are correct in saying it's a GUI issue.

As far as it being configuration, we pretty much ruled that out as well. Even when we select an SAP delivered planning book, the data view column headings are all truncated with the ... at the end. In fact, I reversed the column/row headings and the ASP key figure column heading showed up as "AS..." even though the column had ample space to display all three letters. STILL waiting on a response from SAP.....they must be on vacation!!

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am running an instance of SCM5.0 using Gui 6.4 Final Release.

Can you pl check in Service.sap.com if you need 7.1 to run SCM 5.0?

also what i suggested was a temp measure till people are back from vacation

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am running SCM 5 on SAP GUI 7.10. After 6.4, 7.1 is the released version (there was a version 7.0 but not suggested by SAP). Interestingly even with 6.4 some machines are not having any issues. I guess it has to do with the initial 6.4 installation - if SCM Add-On was correctly installed or not.

My 2 cents before I go in hibernation for a short period.

somnath

paul_gloede
Participant
0 Kudos

We have upgraded from 6.20 Patch level 68. The truncating of the column headings was not an issue with this release. It is only when we upgraded to the SAPGUI 7.10, which includes the SCM Add-on, that this issue was realized.

After comparing the 6.20 GUI vs. the 7.10 GUI, it appears that the 6.20 GUI data view had separate containers in each cell when a cell or cells were highlighted. Sort of like a box within the cell. When running the data view on a 7.10 GUI, the data view no longer displays this box within the cell feature. Perhaps this has something to do with my experience.

Either way, the column heading container is unable to display the full text of the heading description and I'm still waiting to hear from SAP.

Thanks for your responses thus far.

PG