cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Necessary checks for Low Speed Connetion and its Impacts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

To improve the network performance we are considering using LSC in our WAN. For this we would like to carry out a detailed study on necessary checks we should carry out before using this & the impacts of the setting.

I have gone through the previous postings in connection to LSC & found few effects in the sizing document (such history disabled) & another effect on scripting (not possible).

Please help us with other detailed checks & effects.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Thong Seck

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check note 161053 for some more info. Apart from history, scripting, few other things like SAPGUI Process indicator (for some transaction kind of clock/status bar at the bottom of screen) does not work. Also, it will not show any START_IMAGE you may set at first logon.

As LSC does not send all Menu-Item completely, sometimes it may need an additional roundtrip which in high-latency network can be costly.

However, we are using LSC for our WAN users and it works fine,

Cheers !!

Satya,

PS: Points are always very much appreciated ...thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrata,

Thanks a lot for the very helpful answer. Impacts/effects of LSC are clear considerably. More details would be very helpful.

But the evaluation of our existing network to use LSC is not yet clear. Request to you & all in the forum provide us some insight in this regard.

I am a new user; don't know how to give points. However, I had marked your answer as very helpful. Please tell how to give points.

Many Regards,

Thong Seck