cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tomcat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

i installed tomcat 5.5 on my machine it is showing the language in german i would like to change it into english and ideas from this issue.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zain,

don't be worried about the "missing" catalina.bat in your installation. The fact of the matter is that Tomcat comes in different "flavors"; the "zipped" version does include such a batch file whereas the service installer package does not; you probably have an installation like that in which the bin directory only contains a couple of jar files and two executables.

According to the Tomcat documentation on http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/printer/windows-service-howto.html, it should be possible to pass java options to the executable via the --JvmOptions parameter; therefore, you should try something like

tomcat5 //TS//Tomcat5 ++JvmOptions -Duser.language=en

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Jens

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please following steps to solve u r problem :

Go to the Catalina_HOME\bin\catalina.bat

and changed the line:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx512m %JAVA_OPTS%

to:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx512m -Duser.language=en %JAVA_OPTS%

And stop, then restarted the server and i think it wll solve u r problem.

If the answer is helpful please reward with points.

Thanks

ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there

i am using tomcat 5.5 version there in no file called catalina.bat in the directory

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Within the bin folder u can find a *.bat files and in those files u can find "JAVA_OPTS...." and then make the relevant change in that file.

thanks

ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

i have searched the entire tomcat folders and sub folders but was not able to find the file i have installed the tomcat on c:\tomcat folder.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to install tomcat 5.5.23..... after that i think i can tell you the exact location.

Thanks

ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I habe downloaded tomcat 5.5.23 and found the catalina.bat in the bin folder.

If you can let me know the version of tomcat 5.5.... i can try with u r version also.

Thanks

ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there

the version is Apache Tomcat/5.5.20, or is it some file missing form my verison let me know.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I downloaded tomcat5.5.20 and found the catalina.bat file in the bin folder.In your case i think some files are missing.

u can use the following url  and download the tomcat5.5.20 in a fresh manner :
http://mirror.x10.com/mirror/apache/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.20-original/bin/

Please do reward with points if the answer is helpful.

thanks

ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

i am using the installer version for windows , the acii version contains the *.bat file in it.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

tomcat is internationalized and that is the reason you are seeing your pages in German and the only thing you could check / change is the default locale setting on your machine. Check from reginal settings if your default locale is set to German and revert it back to English. That should help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

i am using an english version of windows xp with regional settings are also in us only the keyboard is german.

thanks