Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting mobile ID's

former_member737583
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

When we are using mobile devices MobileID's are assigned. Sometimes on the same device more that one user is used (so we have more MobileID's). Sometimes when we are reinstalling application we forgot to uninstall it for another user etc. before we install new application (it happens). The idea is that we see in webconsole obsole assignment beetween deviceID's and applications, they have status: "Delete with next synchronization".

Question is: how can I remove that entries <b>without using</b> NetWeaver Administrator?

I tried to use MEREP_MBL tranasaction and removing obosole ID's but for unknown to me reason, I still see that assignment in WebConsole (for deviceID's which are relevant to removed MobileID's).

Any idea how to do that?

Post which will help with my problem I'll reward with points.

BR, Tomek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

In your MI middleware, go to transaction se37 and execute the function DELETE_ALL_DATA_OF_DEVICE. Enter the device id and all the data of that device id will get deleted from the MI Middleware.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tomek,

The transaction merep_mbl is to delete the obsoelte mobile IDs and their data so that there is no performance problem in MI server. If you still see device assignment there, it means that these are still valid ones as per MI rules. These might be crashed ones and not obsolete.

To flush out all thsese, use the same transaction merep_mbl and then use the option 'Crashed devices' and give a last sync date. Remember even valid devices can come under this option if they haven't syncronized after that date. So be careful when entering the date. (make it little old, say 1 month)

Regards

Ajith Chandran

former_member737583
Participant
0 Kudos

[deleted] See answer below

former_member737583
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunatelly MEREP_MBL doesn't work (I've checked this transaction before I wrote that topic). DELETE_ALL_DATA_OF_USER and DELETE_ALL_DATA_OF_DEVICE is also not what I want (because I want to use the same instalation of MI client without changing deviceID, and those function not supporting this solution).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also make use of another function module GET_DEVICES_NOT_SYNCED_SINCE where you can specify the date. It will give you the list of devices which have not synced since that date. You can delete the data only for those devices.

Please check if this solves your problem.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

I am sorry but I am confused with exactly you want to do. In one of your earlier message you wrote

>Question is: how can I remove that entries without using NetWeaver >Administrator?

The answer is use to the functions mentioned earlier.

In your last message

>(because I want to use the same instalation of MI client without changing >deviceID, and those function not supporting this solution)

In this case you have to perform 'client data reset' option from the client device. (In 'settings' page). This will remove all the data from the device.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomek

The above Function Module needs to be used with atmost care. Please use the this iff you want to delete all the data on a particular device for all the users. In other words if there are more than 1 user on the device and you wish to delete the data only for one particular user, then the above function should never be used because once you have executed this FM, other users on the device can never use the device anymore. Similar explaination holds good for another FM DELETE_ALL_DATA_OF_USER.

Understanding you problem, I feel that implementing server side note 972205 is the ideal and best solution to your problem and very well suits your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomek,

Run DELETE_ALL_DATA_OF_DEVICE function in ABAP section of your MI server (tcode SE37). You'll need to enter mobile ID and it'll remove all references to it from your NW server.

Best regards,

Laziz