Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bdc sessions Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a users who is trying to process a BDC session in sm35 and they are getting you are unable to schedule session XXXX.

I checked sm35 and they have access to it

And object S_BDC_MONI has values of ABTC, ANAL, AND AONL.

Nothing happens of course they are offsight so an su53 I am unable to do now............any suggestions.

THANKS!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maritza

Why don't you try switching on the security audit log in SM19?

It will provide more information about the authorization checks rather than ST01.

After you turn on the audit log(after setting the filters) ask the user to try again running the session and then u would probably find some more information abt the authorizations.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maritza,

If someone is processing a BDC session they need access to S_BDC_MONI and access to the transactions/objects contained in the session.

If they are trying to schedule the session they may need S_BDC_JOB as well. I would run an ST01 trace on the user to see what they are failing on.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Hi

Do you mean s_btch_job? ST01 never used it before silly question how powerful is it I dont want to bring the system down!

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Maritza Ramos

0 Kudos

If you filter for the user you are tracing and switch it off when you have finished, the system impact will be be negligible

0 Kudos

Maritza,

ST01 is a powerful transaction. It should be turned on only for running the trace then turned off asap.

Sorry, S_BTCH_JOB is what I meant to say.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

ST01 produced no results it gave me an error where it stated nothing could be found.

S_BTCH_JOB I added LIST and PROT. Still nothing.

0 Kudos

Maritza,

There are many reasons why ST01 is not showing results. Try practicing with it in one of your test systems or see if anyone in your area has used it before who may provide assistance.

Try one other thing after the user runs the transaction. You run SU53. Then hit F5 and put in the user ID of the user with the issue. See what object shows up.

Cheers,

Ben

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please notice that transaction ST01 works server instance specific.

Most likely your background jobs are started on a different server instance; you need to activate (and evaluate) the ST01 trace there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maritza

Why don't you try switching on the security audit log in SM19?

It will provide more information about the authorization checks rather than ST01.

After you turn on the audit log(after setting the filters) ask the user to try again running the session and then u would probably find some more information abt the authorizations.

0 Kudos

reddy, that is incorrect. The SAL will record many things, however it does not provide detailed information regarding the auth checks performed against a user