Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPEN PS configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i configure MS project setting or SAP setting

so that i can able to connect my SAP PS with MS Project using tool OPEN PS

Is there any RFC connection i need to make? if Yes which type ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need some clarification about Open PS. I have installed Open PS in my system. But the prowblem, i am unable to upload any MSP file into SAP, whereas download of file from SAP into MSP is working fine. Any suggsection on this is highly appreciable.

Regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the upload button is disabled, then you need to have a role 'SAP_PS_EPS' assigned to your user in R/3.

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Thanks fro your reply. Can you explain me in details about role 'SAP_PS_EPS' assigment.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the standard SAP Note 534045.

regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, we have a OpenPS connection problem:

We have three laptops;

Laptop SAPGUI vers. MS Project vers. OpenPS vers.

L1 6.40 2002 (10) 2.01.00

L2 6.20 2003 (11) 2.02

L3 6.20 2000 (09) 2.02

L1 connects to 4.6, 4.7 & 6.0 SAP systems successfully

At L2 & L3 When we run OpenPS

File C:\Program Files\OpenPS4MSP\PS_mOpenPS.bas not found

error is issued altough the bas file exists at that path. & if we run MS Project connect icon is available but does not respond.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

Look the followings steps:

1 Install MS Project 2000, MS Project 2002, or MS Project 2003 on your PC

The version information can be found in "Help - About Microsoft Project".

2 Install SAP GUI 4.5 or higher on your local PC

A local installation of a SAP GUI version 4.5 or higher is required. Standard or full installation.

3 Uninstall any previous OpenPS4MSP version

Close Microsoft Project. Choose Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. In the dialog box, select SAP Open Project System for Microsoft Project. Choose Add/Remove. When prompted, choose Remove All.

*Users who have Open PS Version 1.09.0004 (or an earlier release) installed on their desktops will have to delete the previous installation directory (usually 'c:\Program Files \ OpenPS4MSP').

*All users upgrading from OpenPS4MSP Version 1.09.0004 (or an earlier version), will have to recreate the logon details and OpenPS settings after installing Version 2.02.00. For Download version 2.02.00 acess http://service.sap.com/swdc then using the following path: Download -> Installations and Upgrades -> Entry by Application Group -> Supplementary Components for Cross Industry Solutions -> Project Management -> OpenPS -> OPENPS FOR MS PROJECT.

4 Download and unzip OpenPS4MSP_Setup

Save the zip file to a temporary location. Unzip the file (for example, using Winzip) to extract the installation files to a temporary location.

5 Run Setup.exe to install OpenPS4MSP

The setup program copies all files to your disk, registers all the ActiveX components and copies the help files. The zip file and the extracted installation files can be deleted.

6 Start the OpenPS4MSP application from your start menu

Quick Start

If Open PS was installed successfully Microsoft Project appears with a new Open PS tool bar.

Choose Connect to specify your logon data and to connect to SAP R/3 PS.

If you are connected, you can choose Download or Upload to interface with SAP R/3 PS.

Regards

Elza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Elza,

I have load Open PS and install MSP also

but when im trying to connect with SAP R/3 through OPEN PS

system state that " LOGIN FAIL"

is there any specific setting related to this ?

or any thing els i need to do ?

how should i connect it with SAP ?

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the system configuration which you are trying to connect. (If you have configured a system using OpenPS, you might e missing some information).

You can also configure the system using sap logon pad first and then try to connect to same system from OpenPS

I believe that OpenPS creates some logs also, check what is going wrong inside these logs

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anu

i have check log file

nothing is appearing in log file

actually when im trying to log in it state that "login fail"

i dont understand what is the reason !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok. From MSProject, you click on button connect and then you should see the logon screen, there you click on logon. Are you able to reach upto this point?

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below details for setting up open PS.

Prerequisites:-

The SAP R/3 user that you want to use with OpenPS4MSP must have authorization to use RFC. To enter, edit, or delete a user, you must be disconnected from the Project System.

Procedure

Entering a User

1. Choose Connect or OpenPS Connect to R/3 in the Microsoft Project menu.

•  If you are completely new to OpenPS4MSP, the SAP R/3 Create User Logon Data Wizard appears to guide you through the procedure for creating a user.

•  If you already have a user set up in OpenPS4MSP, the R/3 PS Logon dialog box appears. Choose the pushbutton next to the User field to branch to the SAP R/3 User dialog box and choose New.

2. Enter a name for the user that Open PS is to display and choose Next.

If you do not enter a name, Open PS automatically copies the SAP R/3 user to this field.

3. In the user field, enter the user as maintained in the relevant SAP R/3 System. This field is not case-sensitive.

4. Choose Finish.

Open PS creates a new user. If you are a first-time user, the wizard now automatically guides you through the process for entering a system.

Deleting a User

Use the arrows at the bottom of the SAP R/3 User dialog box to scroll to the user that you want to delete and choose Delete.

Editing a User

Use the same arrows to scroll to the user to be edited and edit the data, as required. Choose Save.

After you have finished adding or editing users, choose Close.

You can also save your password on the SAP User dialog box. However, unless you can be sure that nobody else has access to your computer, we recommend that you do not save your password. If the password is saved on this screen, then the Save Password indicator is automatically activated on the Logon dialog box.

Setting Up Systems in OpenPS4MSP

Use

The following describes how to enter systems that are to appear automatically in the SAP PS Logon dialog box, which appears when you choose Connect in OpenPS4MSP. You can enter as many systems as you require, which you can then select from a dropdown list.

Prerequisites

• To enter the SAP R/3 System, you need certain information that you find on the SAP Logon screen; it is therefore advisable to have this screen open while you are carrying out the following procedure. The information is found under Secure Network Connection (SNC), Group Selection, and Server Selection.

• The system to which you connect must be configured for RFC.

Procedure

Entering a System

If you are a first-time user, you carry out this procedure directly after setting up a user. If you already have systems set up in OpenPS4MPS, choose the pushbutton next to the System field and choose New on the SAP System dialog box.

In both cases proceed as follows:

1. On the SAP R/3 Create System Logon Data Wizard dialog box, choose whether you want to use a standard connection or a Secure Network Connection (SNC).

With the standard connection, you would have to enter your password each time you want to log on to the system. Using SNC, you no longer have to enter your password at this level. To find out whether the system is configured to run as an SNC, proceed as follows:

a. On the SAP Logon screen, select the system in question and choose Properties.

b. Choose Advanced.

Under Secure Network Preferences you can see whether the Secure Network Communication is activated. The Secude PSE Management application must also be installed and running on your PC.

2. Choose Next.

3. In the Name field, enter the system name that is to appear in OpenPS4MSP and choose Next.

If you are using SNC, it must be exactly the same description as on the SAP Logon screen.

4. Enter the client in which you want to work and choose Next.

5. Enter the logon language and choose Next

If you have not chosen to use the SNC, you can log on using Group selection or Server selection.

Group selection: For this you need the system ID, message server, SAP router (optional), group. To find this information, proceed as follows:

a. On the SAP Logon screen, choose Groups…

b. Enter the system name in the System ID field.

The message server is listed under the description and system ID.

c. Choose Generate List.

Here you can see the group name, for example, PUBLIC, and the SAP router.

Server selection: For this you need the description, application server, SAP router (optional), system number. To find this information, proceed as follows:

... a. On the SAP Logon screen, select the system name.

b. Choose Properties.

Here, you can see the application server, system number, and the SAP router.

6. Choose Finish.

OpenPS4MSP registers a new SAP R/3 System and the next time you choose Connect, it is displayed in your SAP PS Logon screen.

Deleting and Editing Systems

...1. On the R/3 PS Logon dialog box, choose the pushbutton next to the System field.

The SAP System dialog box appears.

2. Using the < > pushbuttons at the bottom of the screen, scroll to the system that you want to delete or edit and choose Delete, or edit the data as required.

3. Choose Save.

4. Choose Close.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear anu

i have reach upto that point

after clicking onto connect button it will show me SAP connection window

but after a movement it shows me login fail

and im using same user id and password which im using in SAP R/3 system

one more thing which i have found is that

after trying many time it block my user id stating that to many attempts are done !

i got fully confused

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear rakesh

i have seen this in help already

but doesnt help out if you can really help by checking

i will be very thankful of u

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, one thing do you have combination of small/capital letters in your password? If yes, then try with a simple password with no caps/ integers etc..actually if your user is getting locked means you are successfully connecting to backend but the user/password check is failing.

Regards,

Anu