cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Tax - problem with jurisdiction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am using SRM server 5.0, and R/3 4.6 as backend. My tax calculation is customized to be handled in R/3, but still I receive the error in my SRM when trying to shop:

Tax code U1 does not exist for jurisdiction code

I am a bit confused as to where to look for the problem - SRM or R/3. The tax code is of course both in R/3 and in SRM. The tax procedure in R/3 is working perfectly for R/3 processing, so is there some kind of link in SRM that I may have missed? I have searched the entire SPRO for taxes and tax jurisdictions, and I have also maintained the business partner's postal code and region to match the jurisdiction codes customized in SRM. The first types of error I received were that SRM could not find any jurisdiction code, but this case has been solved as it seems - I just can't seem to find anywhere I can set tax codes up together with jurisdiction codes in SRM?

Is it really that difficult to add US taxes to an existing SRM environment, when all taxes should be done by R/3? What have you guys done in your systems?

Thanks for info - I will reward points, of course.

Best Regards,

Dennis M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the note 881086.

Let me know how you have solved it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi 4xJ.

I have also come across this note on SAP - does this mean, that before the US taxes with jurisdictions can work in SRM, you HAVE TO use a BAdI? Can this really be? Surely there must be some way to use US taxes with jurisdictions as standard in SRM??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain the following settings in your SRM system to determine the Taxes based on the Tax jurisdiction codes...

SPRO - Cross Application components - SAP Business partner - Business Partner - Basic Settings - Tax jurisdictions - Define structure for Tax jurisdiction codes

SPRO - Cross Application components - SAP Business partner - Business Partner - Basic Settings - Tax jurisdictions - Using SAP software - Technical settings - Define Indicator

SPRO - Cross Application components - SAP Business partner - Business Partner - Basic Settings - Tax jurisdictions - Using SAP software - Technical settings - Assign Function Module to Indicator. <b>In this assign the function module RFC_DETERMINE_JURISDICTION.</b>

Rgds

Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy.

I have already tried all of those IMG paths without success.

I have now created the BAdI BBP_MAP_TAX_BADI and this seems to work.

But I still find it strange, that the tax jurisdictions need to be hard coded to work?? Any other comments as to what you guys have done with your American taxes? I really do not see the need to define a BAdI just to use standard American taxes.

Dennis M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you have mentioned in your initial thread, that tax calculation happens in R3. <b>I assume</b> there might be some custom code involved in R3 for the determination of tax codes wrt tax jurisdiction codes. Now when we create a SC in SRM same logic has to be called from R3. As a standard, this will not happen. So you have to use this TAX_MAP BADI in SRM so that the correct logic of R3 is pulled while determining the Tax code for your shopping cart item.

Rgds

Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

I have now entered the TAX_MAP BAdI in my SRM, which seems to be working OK for now - however, I really think that this is a very bad solution when US taxes should really be basic settings.

I have a question to the BAdI, though. It seems that this is 1 company code and 1 jurisdiction code - I have the situation where I would need 15 jurisdiction codes together with 1 company code, can the BAdI handle this??

Thanks for info.

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you code your own logic in this BADI, and it can handle multiple jurisdiction codes.

At the time of the RFC call, R3 will attempt to validate the jurisdiction code based on country, city, county and zipcode. If we have multiple tax jurisdiction codes for one zip code, user should be given the option of selecting the jurisdiction code which is more relevant.

Rgds

Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, Reddy.

But how do the user then choose between the different jurisdictions? I mean, I do not see anywhere in SRM that the user can choose jurisdictions??

I might need some help on the code itself, is anyone able to help me? I could forward a segment of my code as it is now, but I am not sure how to extend it so that the user can choose between different jurisdictions.

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to create a new custom field in the shopping cart basic data screen for poplulating the multiple jurisdiction codes and having the user to select the appropiate. The list of jurisdiction codes should come from the R/3.

Once the user selects the jurisdiction code, relevant tax code has to be determined from R/3.

I am no technical guy to help you in coding, you can get the help from your ABAPer.

Rgds

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy.

I will award points for your help so far.

So the need is to customize a new field for this jurisdiction code - is that field customized from the template used for the screen? I mean, the HTML screen? I am farely new to the screen manipulation because it is HTML based instead of "basic SAP customizing".

Thanks.

DM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For creating custom fields, please read SAP OSS Notes

and

Which will definitely help.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you need to do it in HTML template and as well as to your SAP screen and map them. Refer the OSS notes as Atul as pointed out.

Rgds

Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again guys.

Just to let you know what I've done so far:

I have activated the BAdI for the tax mapping with the following code:

method IF_EX_BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI~MAP_STRUCTURE_R3.

data: ls_item type BBP_TAX_COMM.

loop at IT_R3_ITEM into ls_item.

if ls_item-bukrs = '1012'.

ls_item-txjcd = 'CT0000000'.

endif.

append ls_item to et_r3_item.

if ls_item-bukrs = '1084'.

endif.

if ls_item-bukrs = '1088'.

endif.

endloop.

endmethod.

This should get me started on 3 different company codes, but it only works for the first company code 1012 - don't know if something is wrong with the code?

Second, I have been able to create a new field in the shopping cart Basic Data view, but I cannot get the Possible Entries list to work in it.

But, as far as I can see, whatever I write in my newly added field, this is being overwritten by the BAdI above...

?

Dennis M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) <b>Try this code instead -</b>

Method IF_EX_BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI~MAP_STRUCTURE_R3.

data: ls_item type BBP_TAX_COMM.

loop at IT_R3_ITEM into ls_item.
if ls_item-bukrs = '1012'.
elseif ls_item-bukrs = '1084'.
elseif ls_item-bukrs = '1088'.
endif.

clear ls_item.

endloop.

endmethod.

2) <u>For this new field, that you created in the shopping cart Basic Data view, you need to attach search help at the Data Element level incase it's a Z data element (using SE11 Transaction). Also you need to add the search help to the BADI Include structure.</u>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul.

Thanks, that code really helped and solved my issue.

But as you can see from the code, I set it up so that 1 company code is equal to 1 jur code. SAP suggests that the BAdI BBP_DET_TAXCODE_BADI is used for determining which jur code to determine, but this BAdI doesn't seem to do much good in this case?

The jur codes are based on delivery addresses, so how could we use this BAdI to determine the correct jur code?

DM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through the links below, which will help -></b>

Note 607539 - BAPI_PO_CREATE1/_CHANGE: Tax code not NAVS condition type

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul.

They did not seem to work for me.

However, I found out that I am receiving short dumps all the time because of this:

Function module "RFC_DETERMINE_JURISDICTION" not found.

Sounds logical. But is there some way to work around this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forget my previous post.

I am back to square 1 - "Tax code xx does not exist for jurisdiction code". But why?? Everything in the backend is working as it should!

Which customizing steps in SRM would you say are required for jurisdiction determination, when the tax calculation occurs in R/3?

Dennis M