Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service orcer and Quotation

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am creating a service order through IW31.

I want to link my service order to quotation. I know it can be done but currently i am unable to do so.

Please let me know if you guys have any idea on this.

Regards

Ashish Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As in the earlier mail,check your service order.

In the header data of the service order you can see fields called 'sales document' and line 'item number'. from the change mode of service order assigne the service contract there with the line item. Are you creating SM01 order type ?

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first you use DP80 for quotation not DP90 (this is PS), second, when you make quotation you have to use planed costs. You can check in iw32 if you have such costs. If there are planed costs you have to check DIP you are using (plus make sure you enter sales area on CS order). See that you are using the profile for quotation, see the characteristics and their usage, and than check the settings for sources (costs) and materials. This is in the odp1 transaction.

You also have to have a sales order type that is proper for this (standard is AE) etc.

BR

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustav,

Can u also send a copy to me at chandu710@gmail.com.

chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Document mailed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaustav,

I am logging it through my id.

When I am trying to create Resource Related billing request, the error message is no expenditure item found. I am going to send you the screen shot in your gmail id.

Please throw a light on this.

Regards

Sambit Tripathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the error message 'no expenditure item found' means that whatever criteria you have set in material determination in DIP Profile is not able to select any material or service from service order.

In layman language, in DIP profile material determination setting you give criteria for selecting material & resources from service order and representing them by some material in sales order; no material or service in service order is fulfiling the criteia.

I would recommend you run one basic IDES cycle as per instructions in SAP help site .

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/e6/4a8df09e0311d189b70000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">Performing a Service Order and Billing</a>

Also try to run DP90 using SAP standard DIP Profile '00000001'

regards

Koustav

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. I have just made request for the access of IDES.

I am working on this currently.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

I have also roped in a CO guy. I guess it requires a lot of integration with CO.

Defining a activity type, cost element etc.

Thanks and Regards

Sambit Tripathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

You can link service order to a quotation thru transaction DP90. The quotation will be created with reference to the service order. The business scenario is that you are creating a quotation for the job to be done. The line items in the quotation are based on resources and materials planned in service order.

reward if it helps

regards

koustav

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustav,

Thanks for your info.

This is the first time I am working on CS objects. I went to DP90, but its saying

No items were transferred to sales document 2030000505.

Procedure

Make sure that you have chosen items for which resource-related billing

or quotation creation is to be performed.

Could you please help me on this?

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

I am replying from a different SDN id, as I was having trouble logging with other ID.

Since you are working on DIP (engine behind DP90 transaction) for the first time, it will be very difficult for me to tell you all the steps you need to check. I can send you a very good document on setting DIP so please give your email. Once you go thru the document, then probably you can ask specific questions.

You can also search SDN forum for PM on topics related to DIP and also the PM forum in sapfans.com (highly recommended)

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=36236f60d5c041c02080892d1c47c432

regards

Koustav

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustav,

Thanks for your concern. I am really struggling.

Please find my email id- sambit.tripathi@gmail.com

Waiting for your reply

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Are you sure your email is sambit.tripathi@gmail.com?

Anyway I have mailed you the document.

reward if it is helpful

regards

Koustav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koustav,

Please mail me the documentation to my mail id singhmanoj2@yahoo.com

BR

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koustav,

I have similar probs on my proj -CS., i'm new to this too, could you share the DIP profile config document, would be of great help.

my email id is "mrashwinth@gmail.com"

Thanks,

Ashwinth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best documentation on the DIP Profile is contained in OSS Note 301117.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

In [IW31], under the service tab, there is a field called Sales Document. Check whether it would help you.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb