cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in Receiver Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I we are creating Interface determination in the receiver determination itself, It will show you new specific,new generic etc.

Can any one explain me what exactly usage of those things,what can we achieve using that.

I have tried to know from the help.sap.com,but i couldn't get it.

Your answers will be rewareded.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

new specific : it is for a particular sender and its interface to a particular receiver. plz see it is "SPECIFIC". that is it determines which is the inbound interface if a msg is sent from a particular sender interface to a specific receiver service.

while, new generic: it is for a particular sender interface, for any sender and any receiver.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Generic : We can create the Interface determination with the * as the receiver so later we need to handle the receiver in key or either way(interface mapping)

Specific : We can create the Interface determination with the receiver name , so later we need not to handle the receiver by key or some thing..

I think you got it..

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandu,

Go thru this.....

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b3/e28a238ab2c24599695c948c3e74f9/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b3/e28a238ab2c24599695c948c3e74f9/content.htm</a>

Please give Points if useful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I would appreciate if you can explain me in with example.

I hope you will explain.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandu,

Please go thru my above link...

With Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandu,

Yes it will ask new Specific and new Generic...

If an interface determination doesn't already exist, the system creates a new generic interface determination once the configuration wizard is finished, based on the entries you have made.

If a (generic) interface determination already exists, the system creates a new specific interface determination once the configuration wizard is finished, based on the entries you have made. The interface determination only applies for the sender/receiver pair that you have specified in the configuration wizard.

If a (specific) interface determination already exists that exactly matches what you have entered in the configuration wizard, then this interface determination is used.

Interface Determination

An InterfaceDetermination specifies which interface is to be used for the inbound process of a message.

Interface Determination is to specify which inbound interface of a receiver a message is to be forwarded to. We also specify which interface mapping from the Integration Repository is to be used for processing the message. Here it will know which kind of mapping you are using etc.

ReceiverDeterminatioin.

A ReceiverDetermintaion defines on or more receivers for a sender and an outbound interface.

Receiver Determination is to specify which receivers a message is to be sent to.