cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brief about Console, data manager and Import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam new to MDM we just started installing our MDM components and iam a MM functional guy Can you any one tell me about console, data manager and import manger i need to know the following,

1. what is it

2. How the 3 is interlinked

3. can the data manager be loaded directly without a import

4. is there a std way of creating repository

5. I need to do samples on vendor, customer harmonisation and the spend analysis and matl master harmonisation..

Iam asking too much in this forum but i knw you guys are there to help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM Console

The MDM Console allows the system manager to administer and monitor the MDM Server, and to create, maintain the structure of, and control access to the MDM repositories themselves. Records are not entered or managed with the MDM Console, but rather with client apps such as the MDM Client.

MDM Client(data manager)

The MDM Client is the primary client of the MDM Server, and is the program most users see on their PCs. It allows users to store, manage and update master data consisting of text, images, and other rich content, and to create taxonomies, families, and relationships. Other clients include the Import Manager, the Image Manager, and the Syndicator.

Import Manager

Allows you to import master data from most types of flat or relational electronic

source files (e.g. Excel, delimited text, SQL, XML, and any ODBC-compliant source),

and to restructure, cleanse, and normalize master data as part of the import process.

<i>2. How the 3 is interlinked</i>

--->

Suppose you are sending vendor information to MDM repository be sending IDOC from R/3. Then the whole process can go as... IDOC will be sent to XI, so XI will generate XML file that contains data. Then import manager can import this file and will so place the data in repository.

Now if you want to send data in MDM repository, the process goes reverse way. Syndicator will generate flat/xml file. This file will be given to XI so that XI will generate IDOC out of it and will send it to XI. This whole process ensures data consistancy

For details refer this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm

Answers (0)