cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Type specific to Application Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can any one guide me how to configure Document Type specific to Application Type in DMS.

What I mean, Doc Type 'DRW' should be used only ACAD Drawings, user should not able to attach or check in word document to it.

same time Doc Type 'DOC' should be used only word document , user should not able to attach or check in ACAD Drawings to it.

Thanks & Rgds,

Sukan

sukan.sap@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are one of two options:

a) create a z auth object which specifies which has doc type, application and status and allows the users to add a particular application type in a particular status

b) Add an enhancement on the user exist to issue an error message to the user stating non-cad format are not allowed with this document type

Personally I don't see the biggy with leaving the application open. We've done many implementations before and never had an issue with this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukan,

Go to Tcode<b> "DC10"</b> i.e. Define Document types

here you find the two fields <b>"Def WS Appl."</b> and <b>"Dis WS applic."</b>

these two fields are for specifying the Application you need for a particular document types.

so when you try to create a DIR and attach the Original by create or open then

by default you see the application what you have set in the DC10 for that particular document type but can be changed.

<i>So you need to put a check on field "<b>DAPPL"</b> i.e. Authorization check through Object <b>"C_DRAW_DOK"[/</b>i]

Regards

Rehman

Reward Your Points If Useful