cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP - use of BAPI PlanningBookAPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

I am using the standard BAPI PlanningBookAPS to update data in my DP planning area using Method ChangeKeyfigureValue2.

If I have a successful update, I would expect a 'success' message to be returned by the BAPI, but instead I just have 'no entries' in the RETURN table of the BAPI.

If I have an unsuccessful update, then the RETURN table includes all the relevant error messages.

Is there a way of ensuring that a 'success' message is in fact returned?

Thanks,

Bob Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob - this particular BAPI will only return error messages. If sy-subrc = 0 and return is initial then you had a successful change. There is no way to turn on a success message. There is a BADI in the FM but it happens before the change (at the beginning of the BAPI) and during the error processing (towards the end of the BAPI). Errors that do occur do not stop the processing, each char combo is processed individually so the error messages that you see will be for all of the char combos that have an error. Following this logic, to produce a success message for each char combo that is succesful would create a very large return table.

Regards

Andy

Answers (0)