cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not create task file

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are installing SAP R3 4.7 sr1 on Linux SuSE SLES9, 32/bit.

Problem: During the installation of DI, phase Database Load (Pst Processing), installation stopped , and in the log file said

Could not create task file tmp/sapinst_instdir/.../SAPREPOS.TSK

Anyone with the similar problem? Solution?

Best regards,

Igor Kokai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Igor,

This is a pretty common problem and normally comes during remote installation. I guess you are also doing remote installation. This can be solved by copying the master installation dvd as well as the database dvd (not the database server installation dvd) to the C drive of the machine and then restarting the installation of database instance. Cxopying of database DVD is an absolute must in my opinion.This is the quickest solution in my opinion and a similar error I faced got resolved using this approach.

Please let us know if this solved the issue and award points accordingly.

With Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Igor:

Did the solution solve yor problem?

I have to check our environment variables, btu I am pretty sure I had defined SHLIB_PATH for root before.

Thanks,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I do not know exactly what of the following elements contributed to fix the problem, but

following is the list of changes we did in a 3rd try to install R/3 on Sun Solaris.

1. Get latest SAPINST.

2. Use a different installation directory, which is permitted by the use os a new SAPINST. We used something outside /tmp, which is used by default by the SAPINST that comes with the CDs.

3. Delete the whole installation and start again, because by just using SAPINST in the middle of the installation, the problem was not fixed.

4. Change the SID from DEN to DE1.

5. There was an answer in sdn about the problem telling a linux user to use another environment variable that was for HP-UX, but since it was suggested for them, we took it, just in case. That was also done in the middle of the installation when the problem was happening, but did not fix the problem.

6. We did not install the oracle patch 9.2.0.7 because the patch is the one that looks for a bunch of sun patches, that although we already had them, since the error we were getting was oracle related, it was decided not to do that for now.

7. Smile and go ahead without desperation.

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also getting the same error,while installing ECC 5.0 on Windows.

Let me know what has to be done on Windows environment.

Please do help me asap.

Rgs

vikas

anzelinim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo Igor,

the problem is solved by stopping the sapinst, defining the env variable SHLIB_PATH = /sapmnt/<SID>/exe for the root user used to lounch the sapinst and running sapinst again.

Kind regards.

Michele Anzelini.