cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed WebAS 6.40 and have applied the SPs till SP20. During the installation I was asked for SLD configuration, I had selected "Local Installation" for that step. Now I have everything up and running. I want my WebAS to act as SLD now. How should i configure it now? I have tried to add the required information in CIM Client Generation settings in SLD Data Supplier service in J2EE Visual Administrator. But the following happens when I use http://<host>:<port>/sld

First time it asks for my authorization

I tried to enter as j2ee_admin, but once I give the credentials, it goes to a page with the error message:

<b>403 Forbidden

You are not authorized to view the requested resource.

Details: No details available</b>

When I try to test the sld connection in WebDynpro Content administrator

I get the following error message:

Connection to System Landscape Directory(SLD) could not be opened successfully.

What should be done to get the SLD up and running?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeraraagavan R

Provide all the authorizations to j2ee_admin from the Visual administrator insead of from /useradmin.

This may rectify your problem.

Regards,

Phani kumar G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i do that through the Visual Administrator? (i.e. using go.bat right?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, use go.bat to access the Visual Admin. As you are using j2ee_admin, I think

you have a ABAP+Java system. If thats the case, you can try logging in to the Java client from sapgui, and use su01 to add user j2ee_admin to the group SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yesterday itself, I had assigned the SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR role to j2ee_admin. After that, I went to UME, where I created the role LcrAdministrator and assigned the group SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR to it. I stopped and restarted all instances of my WebAS. Then also I get the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sld is now working....I added user j2ee_admin through security provider service in visual admin....but The Netweaver Administrator (NWA) is not detecting the SLD. The Webdynpro content administrator on the other hand, is able to detect it.....

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problems solved after some research by myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am facing the same problem.Can you provide me your research result please.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem:

- host:port/sld shows a running SLD

- "check SLD connection" in webdynpro content admin successful

- NWMA cannot connect to SLD

any ideas?

Thanks, Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NWA always gives a message "SLD not accessible" It implies that only the local system can be administered and not the SLD. Go to the other thread to check out abt your other query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeraraghavan,

make sure you are using the correct SDM pswd.

Cheers......

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added the role SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR to j2ee_admin, restarted the j2ee engine through ICM and then tried. But i get the same error when I use http://<host>:<port>/sld and give j2ee_admin credentials. That is

<b>403 Forbidden

You are not authorized to view the requested resource.

Details: No details available</b>

What is the problem and what should I do now? Also the Netweaver Administrator link directly takes my credentials as j2ee_admin and does not ask for my login now....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure that the role LcrAdministrator is assigned to SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR group. Also the role LcrAdministrator should have

the corresponding action assigned.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had created the role LcrAdministrator in UME->Roles To this I had assigned LcrAdministrator action. This role I assigned to SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR Group in UME. Then also I get the same error message. What should I do. Also when I click on Log Off in NWA or UME, it doesn't log off and whenever i go to NWA, I am already logged in as j2ee_admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To the concerned user assign the role sldadministrator, which you need to create and assign all the sld related actions to it.

Then you have the proper authorization.

Also the object server need to be assigned in the profile part of sld page.

regards and reward with good points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Web AS should now act as the SLD. For the user j2ee_admin to access SLD

page, there a few authorizations required. Please assign group

SAP_SLD_ADMINSTRATOR to your user from the User Management. The

j2ee_admin should be able to access SLD.

Regards

Srikishan