cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled Input field when bound to Model Attribute

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

I am binding a input field to a model attribute ...after deploying the appln the input field is disabled....I searched the forum and got the following

Re: Inputfield is getting disabled for input

Posted: Apr 2, 2005 4:31 AM Reply E-mail this post

Hi Akash,

When u bind a value attribute under a value node which has a cardinality of 0-n or 0-1 to the input field u should first create a node element and bind it to the node .Check the below code.

iprivate<<ViewName>>.I<<Node>> Element nodeEl = wdcontext.create<<Node>>Element;

wdContext.node<ValueNode>.addElement(nodeEl);

i did as stated above but now i am getting the following exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.prepareAddElement(Node.java:698)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.addElement(Node.java:685)

at com.apil.hssp.webdynpro.hsspprocesses.LoginPage.wdDoInit(LoginPage.java:99)

at com.apil.hssp.webdynpro.hsspprocesses.wdp.InternalLoginPage.wdDoInit(InternalLoginPage.java:131)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.doInit(DelegatingView.java:61)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.initController(Controller.java:215)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.View.initController(View.java:274)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.getView(ViewManager.java:540)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.bindRoot(ViewManager.java:422)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.init(ViewManager.java:130)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.InterfaceView.initController(InterfaceView.java:41)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.displayToplevelComponent(ClientComponent.java:134)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:374)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.execute(WebDynproMainTask.java:593)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:59)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:249)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:154)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:116)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:48)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:385)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:263)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:340)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:318)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:821)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:239)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:147)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:162)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Change the cardinality to 1:1.This will solve your problem

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have not bound the model object to the model node.

You might refer to the code I have given to your earlier post.

<Service name> inp=new <Service name>();

wdContext.node<name>().bind(inp);

inp.set<attribute>(new <Struturename>());

or

inp.add<attribute>(new <Table>());

Hope this would solve your problem.

Kinldy close your earlier post also

Regards

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I am having the same problem with the blank input fields. When I try to set some default values in the fields, I get a nullpointer exception.

Then I tried mapping the controller context attributes directly into the view context (in the root). Now I get this exception message:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.ContextException: NodeInfo(CreateView): cannot modify Matnr because it is mapped and there is no active NodeElement to take the value

However, in the doInit of the custom controller I bind the model already:

// Create a new element in the node Z_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input

Z_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input inputSet = new Z_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input();

wdContext.nodeZ_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input().bind(inputSet);

This has always been sufficient before in previous web dynpros, but the difference is this. beforehand, it works when the function module imports were parameters, now it is a structure.

I tried Noufal's suggestion, but this line didn't work.

inputSet.setIs_Matnr(new Is_Matnr());

because it cannot be resolved or is not a type.

my controller context looks like this:

Z_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input

|

|-- Is_Matnr

|

|-- Output

Thanks for any suggestions.

regards,

faB

Former Member
0 Kudos

deleted: posted twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I usually create a Model Node in the View's context with the same name as the Model Node (cardinality 1:1) in the controller context and then create a Context Mapping between them.

Then in the wdDoInit() of the controller bind an instance of the model class to the context node.

After playing around with the code, I noticed that I do not need to set the parameters/structures/tables of the model node at all.

When, where and how is Matnr being modified in your case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I have used the same name, but I just havent copied the entire node, just the node and atrributes I will fill in before the FM is executed.

The data is being changed on the onPlugToThisView. I am copying data out of another table. This part is ok, I know because I tested by hardcoding a string value and still it crashed:

wdContext.currentIs_MatnrElement.setMatnr("123");

The strange this is that this does work:

wdContext.currentContextElement().setIp_Del(true);

the only different between the FM import field Ip_Del and Matnr is that Ip_Del is a "pure import parameter", but Matnr is contained in the structure Is_Matnr.

Thanks,

faB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You have mentioned that ...

" tried Noufal's suggestion, but this line didn't work.

inputSet.setIs_Matnr(new Is_Matnr());

because it cannot be resolved or is not a type."

In this case something else is wrong.If the node is available it should not give this error..check what is the problem in this case...

And also in the second case u r sayin

wdContext.currentIs_MatnrElement.setMatnr("123");

in this case i guess u are not creating any node but calling current element... so it wil throw an error..

use Is_Matnr a = new Is_Matnr();

a.setMatnr("123");

and then bind a to its parent structure....

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I cannot use the line (in the doInit of the custom controller):

Is_Matnr a = new Is_Matnr();

a.setMatnr("123");

eclipse won't render it. it is not a model class, Is_Matnr is merely a structure set as am import parameter in an R/3 function module.

I think the crucial different is that I CAN use Ip_Del because is an import parameter, but I cannot use Matnr because it is a field of the stucuture (for import) Is_Matnr.

I somehow need to add an element to the model-bound node "Is_Matnr" before i assign values to the attributes, but do not know how.

thanks for you help!

faB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is is_matnr there in the model node or not...?

If Is_Matnr is a structure u r passing from RFC.. then open the model classes of your model and check if their is a structure in that name.. if not then u have not put that structure in RFC properly ...

As far as i know u can create it and bind values even if its a structure....

Regards

Bharathwaj

Message was edited by: Bharathwaj R

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, is_matnr belongs in the model class. You can also see how Ip_Del and Is_Matnr are different. (see below)

faB

/****************************************************************************

• 1:1 Relation -> Is_Matnr

***************************************************************************/

/** getter for ModelAttribute -> Is_Matnr

• @return value of ModelAttribute Is_Matnr */

public com.sappi.sales.model.Zcrm_Matnr_Create_Upld getIs_Matnr() {

return (com.sappi.sales.model.Zcrm_Matnr_Create_Upld)getRelatedModelObject("Is_Matnr");

}

/** setter for 1:1 Relation Role -> Is_Matnr

• @param value new value for 1:1 Relation Role Is_Matnr */

public void setIs_Matnr(com.sappi.sales.model.Zcrm_Matnr_Create_Upld value) {

setRelatedModelObject("Is_Matnr",value);

}

/* ***************************************************************************

• ModelAttribute -> Ip_Del

• **************************************************************************/

/** getter for ModelAttribute -> Ip_Del

• @return value of ModelAttribute Ip_Del */

public boolean getIp_Del() {

return super.getAttributeValueAsBoolean("Ip_Del");

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

The code tells you exactly what you need to do:

1. Create a Zcrm_Matnr_Create_Upld instance

2. Call some method on this instance to set the value

3. call setIs_Matnr() with this instance as a parameter

This Zcrm_Matnr_Create_Upld probably has the method to set the attribute you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem by adding these two lines to the wdDoInit:

Zcrm_Matnr_Create_Upld inputCreate = new Zcrm_Matnr_Create_Upld();

wdContext.nodeIs_Matnr().bind(inputCreate);

However, now when I execute the RFC method. I get a nullpointer exception on the line:

wdContext.currentZ_Crm_Set_Matnr_InputElement().modelObject().execute();

Would some be able to tell me how to correctly do this? I know for tables it is simply .addTable() , but what about for structures like in this case?

Thanks again,

faB

ps. I have another thread open with the same problem. If you also answer there, I will be able to assign points...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If Z_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input is the toplevel model node, you must actually create and bind an instance for that. If your Zcrm_Matnr_Create_Upld() is a child node of that, you don't need to bind it anymore then. If it's not, you must apply the following rule:

<b>All</b> top-level context model nodes of the controller must be instantiated and bound in the controller's wdDoInit() method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create the parent node element.

And then when u go throught the setter methods available u should be able too find one with

setIs_Matnr()... for this give the argument as inputCreate ..which is obtained from this line...

Then excecute the same..

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the setter, but still get the nullpointer.

This is what my wdDoInit looks like:

Thanks for your help and patience!!

Regards,

faB

// Create a new element in the node Z_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input

Z_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input inputSet = new Z_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input();

wdContext.nodeZ_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input().bind(inputSet);

//Create new element for child nodes of Z_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input

//RFC Structure Is_Matnr

wdContext.nodeIs_Matnr().bind(inputCreate);

//RFC Table It_Matnr

Zcrm_Matnr_Display inputDisplay = new Zcrm_Matnr_Display();

wdContext.nodeIt_Matnr().bind(inputDisplay);

//add child nodes to parent Z_Crm_Set_Matnr_Input

inputSet.addIt_Matnr(inputDisplay);

inputSet.setIs_Matnr(inputCreate);

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is some problem in the way you are adding the table..

The method to add a table is as follows.

Z<RFC > rf=new Z<RFC>();

wdContext.node<RFC>().bind(rf);

Now table

<Table> inp=new <TAble>();

rf.add<Table>(inp);

Now if structure is required

<Strucure> inp=new <Strucure>();

rf.set<Strucure>(inp);

If there is any further doubt you can check the article 'Linking RFC to WebDynpro' in the WebDynpro developers area

Regards

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it is of complex type, you may have to instantiate corresponding object and then set the values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is working now. It was something as basic as invalidating a node before the execute, not after. I appreciate the help received from all of you.

I cannot assign points because this is not my post, but if you copy-paste your answers into this thread, I will...

Thanks again.

Cheers,

faB

Message was edited by: faB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all ,

It was a mistake.Sorry the answer was not intended for this question

Regards

Rohit

Message was edited by: Rohit Radhakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Create an instance of the ModelClass

ModelClass xxx=new ModelClass();

2. IPrivate<ViewName>.I<ModelNode>Element e=wdContext.Create<ModelNode>Element(xxx);

3. WdContext.<ModelNode>().addElement(e);

This should work !!

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use wdContext.node<name>.addElement(wdContext.node<name>.create<nodename>element())...

And check if the error is coming..