cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microsoft-sap .NET connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

I'm wondering if anybody can explain where the following http://www.microsoft-sap.com/ fits into the Netweaver strategy?

If i need to connect from .NET is the above the preferred solution? Any benifits or limitations i should know about?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi matthew,

SAP.NET Connector is very closesly integrated within VS.NET. If You want to use the generated Proxy-Classes

(DLL's based on RFC-Modules in SAP) you have to install in addition C# as .NET-Language!

Becouse SAP .NetConnector creates only C#-Code.

But after generating the assembly You can use it within every .NET-Language.

Good Luck Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

after a bit more reading this is the stock standard .NET Netweaver Connector from SAP - obviously codeveloped with Microsoft. My next question is does this fit in with Eclipse and the use of it in the netweaver suite? My guess is .NET and Eclipse are miles apart, and that the .NET connector is to be used from Visual Studio .NET.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right Matthew, the .NET Connector is tightly integrated with VS.NET. It generates proxies for SAP remotely callable function modules, such as BAPIs, allowing the developer to work with .NET data types and datasets.

.NET Connector has nothing to do with Eclipse. With respect to SAP, Eclipse is for Java / WebDynpro development.

Scott

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I just want to mention that SAP .NET Connector is a SAP product, even it the Microsoft-SAP page might sound a little bit differently. We also plan to open an own SAP Netweaver / .NET interoperability forum here at SDN.

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have created the SAP NetWeaver .NET Technologies Forum and moved this thread to it.

Hope you like it, Mark.