cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, can someone pls tell me how does EDI works. I mean i have done my home work on this but what i want to know is if i want to send mail to business workplace to one of the system user and want it to automate this process. SAY for EG :all sales order created is blocked sales order and it sales order number is mailed or notified to prespecified system user.

I hope my query is clear.

Useful points will be awarded generously.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hi VIX</b>

If i am getting your question right, you are looking out for setting up workflow messages for some users whenever there is a an error in the sales order processing or whenever there is a credid block for orders. Right.

If yes, then you will have to first identify the Plant based on which workflow works.

First create an Organizational Plan / Organizational Unit PPOCE t-code.

Then go to PPOME t-code and assign a Task to it like -

SD_Inbound ErrorProcessor_824

Then assign a position to this task - Say Error processing team

Then assign a user to this team or a list of users.

Once the Organizational Plan is ready, Save the settings, go to SO01 t-code and view your inbox with a message whenever you have an error in sales order.

Hope this will help you out !

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you all for responding to my post. tho i have not tested the posting btu i m sure it is helping as of now. i will update the posting whatever the outcome is. hope our server is up and running tomorrow. I will also require your help if i get get stuck somewhere.

thank you once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VIX,

You can assign either a person or position to the workflow under exceptional situations. In WE20 give proper details for agent determination.

Go through the following links:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVEDISC/CAEDISCAP_STC.pdf

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVEDI/CAEDI.pdf

http://www.sapgenie.com/sapedi/index.htm

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

REFER BELOW LINK

http://www.erpgenie.com/sapedi/index.htm

Electronic Data Interchange is here to stay. SAP has provided many tools to ease the integration to EDI subsystems and these, together with a methodology of how to implement EDI are described in the following pages."

A definition

"EDI is described as the interchange of structured data according to agreed message standards between computer systems, by electronic means. Structured data equates to a simple and direct method of presenting the data content of a document. The method of ensuring the correct interpretation of the information by the computer system is defined by the EDI standard."

"EDI is a technique used to communicate business transactions between computer systems of different companies and organizations. Note that sometimes the EDI mechanism deployed at a company is often used to interface to other systems within the same organization."

Info shuttle - "I was implementing EDI at a customer and I wanted some real data to test with in Development, so I asked the Project Manager to see if he could arrange something. Literally, 20 minutes later he came back and said that there were 10 new orders in Development, together with the customer master records related to the order, the carrier vendor master record, the material master records, ... were all there. I asked him how he had done it so quickly which led me to my first exposure with Infoshuttle, a tool that does this for you using the ALE functionality. As an ALE consultant I know how to do this stuff but I also know how long it would take to set that up. This is truly a product worth exploring in more detail." Kevin Wilson, ERPGenie.COM Founder, ALE \ EDI \ Workflow Consultant (Request Product Detail)

Some thoughts

You should not to attempt to switch to a full SAP EDI implementation overnight. It takes time for people, systems, and processes to adapt to any new methodology. Implementing SAP EDI is a project in its own right and needs to be handled phase by phase as in any other information system implementation. We describe some of the issues and how to implement an SAP EDI solution in the following pages.

The painful issues of implementing EDI are considered to be:

• Application level configuration - Message control, partner determination, output determination

• Technical configuration - Just getting the systems to talk to each other. SAP, translator, modem...

• Testing - How do you test with someone you may never meet? How do you do your own testing without sending data to your partner? How do you differentiate between a test message and a real one?

• Mapping - How do you map an IDoc to an EDI message? What fields go where?

o

810 - Invoice, (a second one), EDI - Inbound INVOIC posting configuration

o

850 - Order

o

856 - Advanced shipping notification (SHPMNT02)

o

Sample 856 Template for X12 v4010 (DELVRY02)

o

Inbound 830 v3020 template (DELFOR01)

o

Material Master (MATMAS01) (By Nadine Hughes)