Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES post installation steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khan,

could you pls tell me what are the other steps to be done

after completion of IDES installation.

I just want to know when my IDES installation process gets fully completed.

if you have steps to follow in POST INSTALLATION pls share with me..it will be of great help this time..

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your email princeck_2001@yahoo.com. I have sent the installation guide. It contains all steps required for post-processing activities.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey khan,

Thanks for your mail.

I already have that guide which you sent, but just want to know shall i continue with step 1.7 ~.?

I think its very tedious doing all steps. what it compulsory that we have to follow all 19 POST INSTALLATION STEPS?

could you pls indicate me the general steps ,out of 19 steps which is minimum steps has to be done to work out.

Since i am new to basis i need your help wherever i struck up..hope its but struggling work for you to support me..ahha

ok let me start with STEP 1.7.1...

In the mean time i will post you my doubts or if i struck up anywhere..

pls reply for my above one doubt..

(Also dictate me if any things i have to be carefull in these steps..)

BTW, my basis guy told me to install only CENTRAL INSTANCE AND DATABSE INSTANCE..he told DAILOG instance and GATEWAY instance is not required now..but i dont understand why we skip this..will it be problem later if we skip dailog instance in INSTALLATION.?

chandra

Message was edited by: ambi chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not have to carry out all 19 steps. If you can start your system and log in using SAP*, all you require is to install a valid license (the current license will work for 30 days only). Use SLICENSE for that. Additionally, you will require a user registered as developer for any development activities.

Other than that, if you have only one system right now, you can live without configuring TMS (transport system) but if intend to release requests, then you will have to configure that as well.

So far as installing DIALOG instance and GATEWAY are concerned, you BASIS person is right. You current configuration already contains the dialog work processes. Only if you require load balancing among various instances will you need another DIALOG instance. The Gateway is required for SAP to non-SAP or R/2 communication. You may not need it.

Do get back if you have further queries.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey khan,

Your reply was great.

well, Now i went to SLICENSE to get permanent licence.

From menu i clicked INSTALL new license menu.

i get popup box asking me few inputs

1-Inst.no.

In Slicense i saw its INITIAL, can i give just initial here.

2-Sys.number -

what can i write here..,In Slicense my system no field is "SYSTEMNO.EMPTY" can i type as it is..

3-Expires on (what to give here, by default its 31.12.9999)

4-key : (this is input from alphabaet chars displayed in KEy field at SLICENCE screen?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To install a license, you will have to register your system details like Installation Number, Hardware Key, System Number with SAP using service.sap.com. A new license key will be generated for you alongwith the expiry date. You will have to input this information in SLICENSE.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very very Thanks khan.

I will close this thread. As this process is over now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chnadra..

have a good day..

can you please send me the IDES 4.6c Installation procedure guide.. am trying to install @ my home PC but it's giving some errors.. I am having only 4.b installation procedure and with that am trying..

Please send me the procedure to my mail ID ksrao234@yahoo.com

thanks and regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shehryar,

I have also finished the installation but can't find anywhere the post installation guide for the ides R/3 4.7 and CRM 4.0. Could you please send me the post installation guide? bichloan_dang@yahoo.com

thanks,

BichLona

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you send me the post installation of IDES ecc6 guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shehryar Khan

can you send me that IDES installation guide. lweishen at hotmail dot com

i need that installation guide..

Thanks alot

Wilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

did you get the IDES installation steps - can you please forward me what you have on installation and post installation.

I am new to Basis, struggling with the Export packages. Whatever help you can provide from what you've will be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan..

have a good day.

can you please send the me the IDES 4.6c Installation guide.. which will be gr8 help for me.. as am going to install the SAP IDES server

thanks in advance & best regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khan and Chan

I am also trying to install an IDES system in our environment. and I am facing a bit of confussion.

If you could share your experiences with me I would very much appriciate it.

Q1. Do I import the IDES exports after the standard installation?, Eg, BW or R/3. Or Install the system using the IDES exports ( rather then using installaiton Exports )?

Q2. If I have to import the IDES exports after the standard installation, how could I accomplish this? - is there any special tools and/or procedures?

also, if you could share the install procedure you have mentioned in this thread, it would be very helpful as well. Please, send it to hgcho@mail.com

Thank you very much for you time and help in advance.

Gun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone send me the installation procedure for the IDES 4.6C.Iam a member of the sap services but strangely i could not find any installation guides for IDES.Can anyone atleast send me the links to these guides.

Thanks a zillion in advance

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

During Database Instance of 4.6C, you will be asking for Export CDs. You Browse for the IDES Export Cds(Not from 4.6C) and continue the installation.

regards

Anand.M