cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support with end user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while supporting if the end user could not do what is advised by the consultant, at that time what the consultant should do. how to resolve this kind of situation.

Regards,

Sasmita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227476
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in which point of view you are asking about?

in that situation you have to convince them by giving the proper reason, why they have to take your advice and you have to be in a position to explain why and how your solution is the best as per their business solution,

i think this is the best way to convince enduser

hope am clear, rewards if it helps

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

if the end user could not do (the technical thing) as per ur advice. then what to do.

Regards,

Sasmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasmita,

If you have asked the user to do something technical. Just in case if the user is not having access to do so or if he or she is not interested in doing so, then you will have to take prior approval from your manager and the client and take a CC ID and make those technical changes in Production Client. This would be the last option.

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

consultant should act as a guide to the end user ,the atmost quality required by the consulatnt is the high levels of patience and convincing skills, should be able to find out why he is not ale to do as per ur advice, is there any communication gap or any ego disparities. every thing can be solved thru prooper understanding .

regards

good luck

sriram.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sasmita

Most of the times, this will be the situation and only at those circumstances, the role of the consultant comes in. The consultant has to either convince the user about why , what he asks is incorrect, or suboptimal and try to sell his ideas on him.

In production support, if user awareness is less, then Consultant should aim for user training. So based on the scenario, the consultant has to shoulder lot of responsibilities and maintain the system efficient, while managing customer delight!!!

Rwd points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

thank you very much. i got my answer.

Regards,

Sasmita