Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happens when i disable EDI_DC40 in mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a file to IDOC scenario,

in which there is a mapping between file and the IDOC structure,

can u guide me if i disable the EDI_DC40 segment of IDOC in the mapping, how exactly, the IDOC gets the value of

1. sndprn(sender partner number)

2. sdnpor(sender port)

3. rcvprn(receiver partner number)

4. rcvpor(receiver port)

and can i map this value explictly in mapping from the file..or so

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u disable EDI_DC40 and uncheck Apply Control Record Values from Payload in the IDoc receiver communication channel, then the control record fields are filled from SLD.

If you have set the Apply Control Record Values from Payload indicator in the receiver IDoc adapter, the following fields are filled from the IDoc-XML payload.

Refer this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/95244269625633e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Dava

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you disable EDI_DC40, the Logical System name of the sender bsuiness system and receiver Bsuiness System is taken as the value for SNDPRN and RCVPRN respectively.

If you want to set these values in Mapping, then do it and then select option Take Sender From Payload and Take Receiver From payload in the Idoc adapter

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

<<the Logical System name of the sender bsuiness system and receiver Bsuiness System is taken as the value for SNDPRN and RCVPRN respectively>>

but what about senderport and receiverport? how is it taken by the IDOC,

and if i do "Apply control record values from the payload".........do i need to fill all the values in the payload.....or there are some optionals and some mandatory

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Check this link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/01/xi-idoc-adapter--edidc40--demystified

I hope this will clarify.

Sachin

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sender Port and Receiver Port will always have values SAP+SYSID of your XI server and R3 respectively.

Read through the link pointed by the rest. It explains what fields havbe to contain values when you select ApplyControlRecord From Payload.

It has the list of fields. Also read through the note pointed above.

The SNDPRN and RCVPRN and SNDPRT and RCVPRT can be manipulated only by selecting Take Sender From Pyaload and Receiver from Payload.

Regards

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>and can i map this value explictly in mapping from the file..or so </i>

>>

yes you can. Do it in your mapping and in the IDoc recv. adapter, use the option Apply Control Record Values from Payload

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/791c42375d5033e10000000a155106/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

The idoc will fail

This is a mandatory segment.

Note 728792 - IDoc adapter: Fields of the IDoc control record

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/728792