cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Authorization Requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope a simple question here. I am trying to call up an RFC using .Net connector 1.0 (yes I am old school). The server is one where I have limited access. I am trying to just establish an RFC connection at this point but cannot get past it. The message is below. I know I have the correct username and password (have tried 2 different logons. Is it possible that I haven't the proper authorization to establish an RFC connection, and the error thrown is below? I could see if I don't have access, but the error message doesn't seem to fit the bill in that case.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

SAP.Connector.RfcLogonException: Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

at SAP.Connector.SAPConnection.ThrowRfcException(RFC_ERROR_INFO_EX rfcerrInfo, Encoding encoding, String languangeCode)

at SAP.Connector.SAPConnection.Open()

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

how are you doing ?

please check the client number ( it is usually a numeral : 100, 200, 020 ...)

the error message " name or password ...." is also thrown when it the client number is incorrect, as the basis component will check for a particular name and password combo within a certain client only.

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still no luck. Not related to the Client number... strange. Will post my findings if they ever resolve themselves.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Can you try to logon entering username and password using capital letters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Are you getting this error while executing your application or while creating a proxy?

Check other parameters. System number, application server IP number, language. Also I recommend, if you are getting this error while creating proxy, use custom settings not select the SAP server on dropdown.

Best Regards,

Huseyin Akturk

SW Engineer & SAP ABAP Consultant

www.huseyinakturk.net